World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

The real phatty doesn't ask questions...he just follows his gut.

Safe travels my friend.

"It is not he who seeks wisdom that finds it. It is bestowed upon those that find the scars on their feet and their back"

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on July 13, 2012, 12:14:58 AM
i don't want to drive because i want to do this solo...spiritual journey i guess. don't want to be stuck in a car with no human interaction for that long. sounds gay but just something i want to do. meet up with other travelers, find places to crash and live like a hobo for a month. there are actually a lot of stops in the middle of nowhere once you start going west.

right if you are more going just for the adventure than to actually see the country then yeah train would be better

anyway youll have plenty of room
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

So, as most know, I got married at Niagara Falls this weekend.

Overall, the falls were awesome, really impressive in their scale.  I read that 75k gallons of water dropped per second, that's incredible.

We stayed on the US side at a less than great hotel.  but the hotel worked in conjunction with the company who did our wedding, so we got one night free and 15% off the rest of the stay.  it also had a good bar and grille attached, so that made up for the lack of other amentites.  otherwise, though, the US is a farging dump.  there are like 8 indian restaurants and that's about it other than the Red Coach Inn which is where we had our after wedding dinner.  Their lobster mac and cheese was retarded.  We took a tour of a few wineries about 30 minutes from the town, that was a lot of fun.

The Canadian side definitely had more to do, but it was a touristy hell hole in it's own right, especially Clifton Hills.  Just stores on top of stores with flashing lights, screaming, music all mushed together.  And a ton more people, it got tiresome trudging along in the crowd the whole time.  It's also more expensive on that side. 

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Went there when I was about 10 and of all the places I've been and things I've seen, Niagra Falls is still one of the most vivid memories I have.  Thought it was really cool how the falls light up at night.  Def wouldn't mind going back some day. 

Don Ho

Quote from: SunMo on July 23, 2012, 10:29:59 AM
So, as most know, I got married at Niagara Falls this weekend.

WTF, I didn't know!  You're still invited to my luau.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I too will be there in a week. Coincidence?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but Texas has a state Pledge of Allegiance that all students are required to recite every morning.  It's basically the same as the national pledge, with "Texas" in place of "US of A."

I've always known this state had an over inflated ego of itself, but this takes it to a whole new level.  As awesome of a town as Austin is (it is by and large, the polar opposite of the rest of Texas in terms of bible thumping conservatives), I don't know if I could ever live here simply for the fact that the Texas propaganda is off the charts awful. 

PhillyPhreak54

I've never heard of students being made to recite a Texas pledge - I never had to do it. But yeah the whole self importance thing here is ridiculous.

South Texas Todd knows all about this.

These people think there are no other states.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 01:07:56 PM

Every person from Texas I met in the Navy was of the mindset that they were the envy of the rest of the country. Even when you mocked them they'd say "you're just a hater". If the US could vote away one state I believe the overwhemling state would be Texas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 01:07:56 PM
I've never heard of students being made to recite a Texas pledge - I never had to do it. But yeah the whole self importance thing here is ridiculous.

South Texas Todd knows all about this.

My sister is a teacher (2nd grade) and we went to her classroom yesterday to help her tear down holiday decorations and get it ready for school next week and I saw the "pledge" hanging on the wall next to the state flag. Asked her about it and she said it was a requirement.

She teaches in a charter school, so maybe it's just a charter requirement? 

MDS

every stereotype you could think up on texas people is true

if youre from san antonio, "getting away" is going to dallas houston or even austin.
they call going into arkansas or oklahoma crossing the border

the mindset is texas is basically a country, maybe even an island, and there is no reason to ever leave or go anywhere else.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2013, 02:37:46 PM
every stereotype you could think up on texas people is true

if youre from san antonio, "getting away" is going to dallas houston or even austin.
they call going into arkansas or oklahoma crossing the border

the mindset is texas is basically a country, maybe even an island, and there is no reason to ever leave or go anywhere else.

lol all true...

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/gallery/10-REASONS-TEXAS-SECESSION-WILL-SUCCEED-54695.php