Rest of baseball thread

Started by henchmanUK, April 05, 2005, 06:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Pirates fire manager Lloyd McClendon

Excerpt:

QuoteOnce they lose another game, the Pirates' 13 consecutive losing seasons will be three short of the major league record.

Gee, who do you think holds THAT record.  :'(

Hint 1:  From 1933-1948.
Hint 2:  Except for a lucky year in 1932, the streak would have been 31 straight seasons.  1932 was the ONLY winning season for this team between 1918 and 1948.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I love when organizations don't put the proper money/resources into building a winning team, but they promise to make it all better just by firing the manager.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 06, 2005, 05:02:02 PM
Pirates fire manager Lloyd McClendon

Excerpt:

QuoteOnce they lose another game, the Pirates' 13 consecutive losing seasons will be three short of the major league record.

Gee, who do you think holds THAT record.  :'(

Hint 1:  From 1933-1948.
Hint 2:  Except for a lucky year in 1932, the streak would have been 31 straight seasons.  1932 was the ONLY winning season for this team between 1918 and 1948.

I'm gonna say........the Phillies.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 06, 2005, 05:03:46 PM
I love when organizations don't put the proper money/resources into building a winning team, but they promise to make it all better just by firing the manager.

totally.  When the Astros fired Jimmy Williams last year and hired Phil Garner, the only thing i could think was "he SUCKED when he was managing the Brewers!"  Looks like he's a pretty good manager now that he has some real players.

no one's going to be able to  turn the Pirates around.  The Royals fire their managers every year it seems and they never get any better.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I still don't think John Felske or Nick Leyva got a fair shake.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Steroid boy hits what LOOKED to be a HR in his first at bat....but it was ruled a ground rule double as a fan touched the ball  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

OUCH!

Here's something you don't see every day.  Gabe Kapler tore his Achilles tendon while rounding 2nd base on Tony Graffanino's home run. 

rjs246

Baseball players are such great athletes. Jogging around the basepaths is dangerous. I can't believe more of them don't blow out their knees in the on-deck circle.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

It reminds me of Vinny tearing his Achilles a few years ago in the Meadowlands. 

Rome

Cliff Floyd just hit a grand slam for the Mets who now lead the Nats 5-4!

I walked into the bedroom to shut the tv off, looked up, and just as I did, BOOM!

Ahahahaha!  Choke on it, Nats.  Especially Frank Robinson, that toolbag.

:-D

MDS

Hopefully the Mets can do that this weekend against Atlanta.

Eagles_Legendz

BigEd76

Mike Hampton is out for the year and could miss all of 2006 if he gets reconstructive elbow surgery...  :poison