Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

i was waiting for somebody to post that. :-D

i'm sure you sillies fans wouldn't have said a thing if the cubbies sat their starters yesterday.  ::)
yeah right.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on October 03, 2005, 12:20:57 PM
i was waiting for somebody to post that. :-D

i'm sure you sillies fans wouldn't have said a thing if the cubbies sat their starters yesterday.  ::)
yeah right.

Yes, the FANS can complain, but a farging professional team that already clinched should stfu and play the game.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

the team/coaches would have complained too...get real. ::)

anyway, it was a classless move by showalter...he's bitter.  but it doesn't matter...the yankees would have started mussina yesterday if they thought it was a huge deal to get home field.  it would have been nice but oh well.  i'm glad the yankees made the media aware of showalter's actions.

and did you read the quotes? 

QuoteFormer Ranger Alex Rodriguez, who played for Showalter in Texas, was one of the Yankees who was peeved at the Rangers manager's decision.
"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the New York Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Yankees manager Joe Torre was equally surprised.
"It's surprising," Torre told The New York Times. "If his team was in the playoffs, I could understand it a little bit more. It's just surprising he pulled them so soon."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said told the New York Times that he didn't mind Showalter's decision, however.

oh yeah, they really sound pizzed...definite whining going on there.  ::)  :-D

PoopyfaceMcGee

The difference is that the Phillies surprisingly did their job and won the game.  The Yankees wouldn't give a rat's ass about the Rangers pulling their starters had they actually won, but instead they let Boston spank them.

Yankees controlled their own fate for home-field, and they blew it.

hunt

Quote from: mhunt on October 03, 2005, 12:31:27 PM
it doesn't matter...the yankees would have started mussina yesterday if they thought it was a huge deal to get home field.  it would have been nice but oh well.  i'm glad the yankees made the media aware of showalter's actions.

hunt

i like the fact that the yanks are underdogs this year.

rjs246

Teams without pitching tend to be underdogs in the playoffs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hunt

yeah, the red sux are probably considered underdogs this year too.

good point.

rjs246

Quote from: mhunt on October 04, 2005, 09:44:40 AM

good point.

I would be very surprised if either of the AL East teams did anything in the postseason this year.

Let them eat bootstraps.

hunt

Quote from: rjs246 on October 04, 2005, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: mhunt on October 04, 2005, 09:44:40 AM

good point.

I would be very surprised if either of the AL East teams did anything in the postseason this year.

i'd agree if the white sox & angels had better pitching...they're both good, but not dominant. 

rjs246

The Angels pitchers are the best of the bunch. And they've got Vlad. They should win it.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Here are the announced matchups:

Yanks vs. Angels
Game 1:  Mike Mussina vs. Bartolo Colon
Game 2:  Chien-Ming Wang vs. John Lackey
Game 3:  Randy Johnson vs. Paul Byrd
Game 4:  Shawn Chacon vs. Jarrod Washburn
Game 5:  TBA

Yanks:  Mike Mussina, Shawn Chacon, Randy Johnson, Chien-Ming Wang, Aaron Small (Would Wang or Small be in the bullpen?)
Angels:  Bartolo Colon, John Lackey, Jarrod Washburn, Paul Byrd, Ervin Santana (I heard that Santana is in the bullpen)

Red Sox vs. White Sox
Game 1:  Matt Clement vs. Jose Contreras
Game 2:  David Wells vs. Mark Buehrle
Game 3:  Curt Schilling vs. Jon Garland
Game 4:  Tim Wakefield vs. Freddy Garcia
Game 5:  TBA

Red Sox:  Matt Clement, David Wells, Curt Schiling, Tim Wakefield, Bronson Arroyo
White Sox:  Jose Contreras, Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddy Garcia, Orlando Hernandez

hunt

Quote from: rjs246 on October 04, 2005, 09:56:21 AM
The Angels pitchers are the best of the bunch. And they've got Vlad. They should win it.

but they won't.

MDS

It kills me, but I did pick the Yinks to win the series. Hopefully I'm wrong, because Gay Rod doesnt deserve to celebrate a series win with his butt buddy Jeter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.