Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

the yankees ate schilling's lunch last night.........and i loved it.

oh, and they also need a few starters since 3/5 of their rotation is on the DL.  no worries though. :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

shorebird

Wow! That Homer A-Rod hit off Schilling last night was a bomb! Schilling doesn't look to be suited for the reliever/closer role. He needs a lot more pitches to get ready.

I'm usually looking for the Yanks to lose, but I can't help but root for them against the Bo Sox with the O's only a game behind them in the standings after last night.

I heard A-Rod talking on ESPN about how he hopes a game like last nights gives them the jump start they need. I've heard various Yanks say the same thing every time they win a big win. Their best hope is for A-Rod to keep up the clutch hitting. If he gets hot he can carry them all the way to first place in a hurry. He's the shtein, even if he is a Yankee now.

hunt

i saw that tim redding was pitching tonight so i decided to watch my sixers dynasty dvd instead of the game.

good call by me.

Dillen

Yeah, Tim Redding FARGING SUCKS.

Geowhizzer

hunt

it was either sign leiter or let me start sunday night's game.  :paranoid :-D

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

Yanks in 1st place

Gotta give credit where it's due.  Despite a terribly incosistant season, the Yanks find themselves back in familiar territory on top of the AL East.  Even though their pitching is in shambles, this team is too good to be at the bottom of the division.  Although I think it is about time for them to go on another double digit losing streak.  ;)

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Al Leiter, Hideo Nomo & Shawn Chacon...

Who's next? Bring back Hideki Irabu!

hunt

they haven't really given up anything for those 3 so i don't mind...if they pitch okay, great...they need the arms right now.  if not, c-ya.

one positive thing i heard is that cashman is insisting on keeping all their top-level prospects (for a change)...they could have had chacon a couple weeks ago but the rockies wanted one of the yanks' top pitching prospects.  cashman held out until they lowered their demands.

PoopyfaceMcGee

How can they possibly have any "top-level" prospects left after hemhorraging (sp?) them all off the last 4-5 years?

hunt

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 29, 2005, 10:52:08 AM
How can they possibly have any "top-level" prospects left after hemhorraging (sp?) them all off the last 4-5 years?

they're the yankees.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe, but they still will win the same number of 2005 World Series championships as will the Phillies.

hunt

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 29, 2005, 11:08:17 AM
Maybe, but they still will win the same number of 2005 World Series championships as will the Phillies.

keep the phils talk out of this topic, please...we only discuss major league baseball here.  :-D