Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mhunt on June 11, 2005, 10:28:10 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on June 11, 2005, 07:27:56 PM
But how is Gordon?  :poison

2.79 era so far this season.

I think Ed's talking about the fact that Gordon was taken out of today's game after taking a grounder off of his pitching hand (index finger).

I haven't seen anything that gives any details about whether Gordon's injury was serious.

Johnson looked great today, though.  He dominated perhaps the best lineup in MLB.

hunt

oh...i didn't see that.
had company over so i missed the last few innings. :P

Geowhizzer

Gordon's OK.

From mlb.com:
QuoteGordon OK: Tom Gordon avoided injury when he was hit on his right index finger by a batted ball in the eighth inning on Saturday, but Torre said he would try to give the right-hander the day off, anyway.

"His finger is a little sore," the manager said. "There's nothing wrong with it, but I'll probably try to stay away [from playing him]."

MDS

2/3 taken by Cardinals.  :-\

Phillies took 2/3 in both series.  :-*
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Yanks went 3-9 on the road trip...

hunt

thanks for the gordon update...good to hear he's okay.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on June 11, 2005, 10:38:30 PM
oh...i didn't see that.
i'm a fair weather fan and since the yanks suck right now i skipped the last few innings in favor of the mets game.

Fixed.  :P

rjs246

Quote from: SSgt PSN on June 13, 2005, 08:51:40 AM
Quote from: mhunt on June 11, 2005, 10:38:30 PM
oh...i didn't see that.
i'm a fair weather fan and since the yanks suck right now i skipped the last few innings in favor of the mets game.

Fixed.

Haha. Nice.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hunt

i don't think a fairweather fan would be following the yanks this year....but you were almost witty......almost.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on June 13, 2005, 09:36:57 AM
i don't think a fairweather fan would be following the yanks this year

Which is why you started watching the Mets.  Vote for Pedro!!  ;)

hunt

yeah...and i plan on starting some G-I-A-N-T-S GIANTS! chants during the next homestand.

Sgt PSN

Rome

Found this in Philly.com this morning...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/baseball/11888953.htm

Yanks are announcing a new stadium to be completed in time for the 2009 season today.

Good.  The one they play in now is a shteinhole.   ;)

hunt

here's the latest:
the second baseman will be switching from left field to center field to platoon with bernie williams so matsui can return to left. :-X

also, steve phillips was on espn radio this morning & said that IF the yanks are 10+ games out by mid-july, they should consider trading matsui, shef, bernie, & womack for prospects.  i actually agree...time to get younger & a couple of those guys are in the last year of their deals.