Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 05, 2005, 06:22:25 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20050605_NYY@MIN

Carlos SILVA shut down the Spanks.

Silva has done really well for the Twins since the trade (him and Punto for Eric Milton):

2004:  14-8. 4.21 ERA
2005:  4-3, 3.04 ERA

PhillyGirl

I know, but he's still Carlos Silva...and the Spanks still suck.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

espn radio said something about brian cashman leaving the yanks...and philly was one of his possible destinations.
i'm not sure whether or not that would make the wade-haters happy. :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on June 06, 2005, 08:44:44 AM
espn radio said something about brian cashman leaving the yanks...and philly was one of his possible destinations.

Espn said that because they know Wade is on his way out at some point in the near future. Speculation.

hunt

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 06, 2005, 08:56:09 AM
Quote from: mhunt on June 06, 2005, 08:44:44 AM

Espn said that because they know Wade is on his way out at some point in the near future. Speculation.

that's what i figured...they mentioned another team too...but i can't remember which one. ???

PhillyPhreak54

Have they mentioned any possible replacements for Cashman in NY?

Do you think The Boss will can Torre and/or Stottlemyre? If so, who will replace them?

I think Girardi would replace Torre.

hunt

i haven't heard anything about cashman's potential replacement.

as for torre...girardi is a strong possibility...but i'd love to see them get sweet lou if he somehow escapes from tampa bay. ;D
i was hoping randolph would eventually replace torre but he's stuck with the muts.

PhillyPhreak54

I could see Piniella. He's frustrated by the cheapass Naimoli in TB. I'd want to get out of there too.

I'm curious to see how they fix the pitching problem. The minors are dried up and if they trade that asian dude and/or Cano it would be dumb. They need young talent in there somewhere.

hunt

they need to bag this season...try to unload some of their old garbage for young talent & build from there.

but that's not georgie's style...so they won't. :P

PoopyfaceMcGee

They might be able to get a quality player for Randy Johnson... if they pay his whole salary.

henchmanUK

From a White Sox forum :)

QuoteHere are some interesting stats comparing the Yankees Opening Day rotation vs. the guys who are now on other teams but were in New York's starting rotation last year:

Yankees Opening Day rotation (Johnson, Mussina, Brown, Wright, and Pavano)-
21-20, 320IP, 4.87 ERA

Yankees Exiles (Contreras, El Duque, Vazquez, and Lieber): 24-11, 296IP, 4.14ERA
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

CSD

hunt

holy crap! :o  randy johnson actually pitched like randy johnson today.

bout damn time.

BigEd76