Yankees 2005 Season Thread

Started by hunt, April 08, 2005, 02:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

oh...and they brought up that scrub 2B to "showcase" him.  he will be traded for clemens before the deadline. ;D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Wingspan

[beavis]the big unit has a stiff groin[/beavis]
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on May 03, 2005, 12:13:47 PM
[beavis]the big unit has a stiff groin[/beavis]

So, when does Selig ask to add Viagara to the MLB testing policy?

PhillyGirl

Solid outing for the Spanks tonight. :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mhunt on May 04, 2005, 08:09:33 AM
Quote from: mhunt on April 23, 2005, 10:54:11 AM
kevin brown = batting practice pitcher  :boom

ditto :boo

It certainly looks like Brown had reached the end.  He's got nothing left.

By the way, Unit is not happy to be missing a start.  It does make it sound like there will be no DL trip, at least in this story.

hunt

they suck.

no 1B...no CF...no middle relief...and very old starting pitching.

georgie blew it this time. :boo

PhillyPhreak54

Should've gone after Beltran.

And Cashman (and Georgie) should know that you don't sign ex-Braves pitchers to big money deals. Leo Mazzone is magic. Look at John Thomson and Mike Hampton (and Kevin Millwood...the list goes on). Shoot, even Tom Glavine isn't the same. The only guy remotely the same is Greg Maddux.

Plus Wright had that shoulder issue right after the signed him and they refused to reneg the deal.

And like the Phillies, the minor league cupboard is bare, so there aren't a lot of options to trade away for help.

You can have Tim Worrell though. We'll take F-Rod back.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: mhunt on May 06, 2005, 08:37:02 AM
they suck.

no 1B...no CF...no middle relief...and very old starting pitching.

georgie blew it this time. :boo

Welcome to our world, Hunt.

:boom

hunt

yeah, it's rough.  i hated the wright signing.  he was always injured with the indians & only had 1 good season.
i actually hope they do the unyankee-like thing & dump some salary & try to get young players in return.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on May 06, 2005, 08:59:06 AM
yeah, it's rough.  i hated the wright signing.  he was always injured with the indians & only had 1 good season.
i actually hope they do the unyankee-like thing & dump some salary & try to get young players in return.

uh-oh. Looks like Karma is having its way with hunt.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 06, 2005, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: mhunt on May 06, 2005, 08:59:06 AM

uh-oh. Looks like Karma is having its way with hunt.  :-D

what karma is that???

PhillyGirl

The karma where you spend every day during baseball season ripping on the Phillies and their fans.

hunt

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 06, 2005, 09:07:22 AM
The karma where you spend every day during baseball season ripping on the Phillies and their fans.

and you never do that with the yankees. ::)

look in the mirror, sister. :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on May 06, 2005, 09:09:21 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 06, 2005, 09:07:22 AM

and you never do that with the yankees. ::)

look in the mirror, sister. :-D

The Phillies don't need bad karma, hunt. It was alREADY that bad. My making fun of the Spanks didn't make the Phillies suck because of Karma. :-D