Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

I played GTA 3 for like 6 hrs last night and it seemed like 2 hrs.  That game has so much shtein going on in it.  Its evil! >:D
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

I tried the GTA games...have two of them.  But, man, there's something about them that gives me a splitting headache if I play for more than an hour or so.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

apparently the Nintendo Wii price will not exceed $250. 

General_Failure

I wouldn't be surprised if its $199 at launch.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 17, 2006, 06:12:27 PM
Rating predictions for the NCAA 2007

Already got it on reserve at Game Stop.  I hope it's a bigger upgrade from the previous years.  Didn't really see a
whole lot of difference between 04, 05 and 06.  Never the less my son and I love this game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Seabiscuit36

I actually like it more than Madden.  Madden has made it impossible to run one year then impossible to pass the next.  Those are just predictions but seem pretty acurate.  All i know is that its time for a new game for the old 360
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Diomedes

Thanks!  It's been a strong title for a few years now.  Greatest thing about that game, imho, is that you get to know the tracks very very well, so when you watch the race on TV, you know where they're going, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Quote from: General_Failure on May 26, 2006, 03:37:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if its $199 at launch.

Playstation is already 3x's that of Wii so there is no need to go that low. Plus the Wii has 3D motion sensor ability unlike any other console:
The PlayStation 3 controller, which has been dubbed the "DualShake 3" by fans, is able to sense tilt, or as Sony puts it, six degrees of motion; although, unlike the Wii remote, it is not able to sense its position in 3D space, and unlike the 360 controller, does not have a rumble function.

Europeans are saying that Wii will be the hottest new generation of consoles. I dont see that happening here in the states because Nintendo has lost its luster IMO

General_Failure

Nintendo will pick up the slack with the solitaire crowd, which is what they're shooting for.

The man. The myth. The legend.

reese125

the ridiculous thing is the $200 difference in pricing of the 2 different Playstation 3 consoles: the 20GB and the 60GB. there are no differences besides just that--the hard dive. Your paying for the Blu-Ray technology to play more movies on that bigger console....F-that. I only care about gaming graphics and the realistic motion of the characters. I use my home DVD to play movies

Ill take the smaller one thanks

Wingspan

Quote from: reese125 on May 30, 2006, 02:52:32 PM
Europeans are saying that Wii will be the hottest new generation of consoles. I dont see that happening here in the states because Nintendo has lost its luster IMO

the sales numbers of the Nintendo DS vs the Sony PSP says otherwise. (DS is outselling the PSP by a landslide around the world)

Nintendo's problems started with the N64 where they tried so desperately to hold onto the cartridge, 4mb of space just wasnt enough any more, and the cost of the games was insane...especially with PS1 and Dreamcast being disc media, it was cheaper for publishers to create their games.

The slide continued with the Gamecube, while the GC was not a weaker system, it suffered from a dreadful lack of 3rd party support in the way of exclusives. It launched with 5 titles, and you did not see a 6th published for almost 4 months after).

Nintendo has since switched management, and the cube saw a mini resurgence in 3rd party support in the last 2+ years of its life (it was a major failure in the first 2 years) in bringing back some larger publishers.

The Wii is taking a risk, offering a new way to play, while keeping the option open for a traditional control scheme). There are loads more games on the docket for the Wii, Nintendo has confirmed as many as 17 titles from various publishers to be ready and shipped within the 1st six weeks after launch. and 27 playable demos were available at this past e3 show.

the line to get into the nintendo booth was about a 4 hour wait, while there were scarce crowds at the PS3 booth.

this generation of consol wars are going to be Microsoft vs Nintendo if current info stays the same. (There are already rumors that the PS3 will not hit shelves until 2007, despite their 11/17/06 announcement a few weeks ago.

besides, gamers will buy a $199 console no problem.

Gamers care about the gameplay, fanboys care about the console.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

reese125

the problem they might have is the loyalty of the Playstation players. Just like when you buy Nike or drive a Lexus--there is a perception out there thats hard to overcome.

Nintendo would have to do some serious marketing of this product to get people to make the switch over--especially when you have die-hard Madden lovers who know the controller button schemes. Also, gamers have fallen in love with the ergonomic controller--which I think plays a huge part in keeping the same system. People will pay the dollars

Diomedes

I disagree.  They'll spend plenty on marketing, but that's the thing with gamers.  They buy what works, not the brand.  Plenty of us have swapped machines between generations.  Brand loyalty < System performance.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger