Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: General_Failure on April 09, 2006, 02:41:53 AM
Shoes, actually. I'm going through with leather pants as my only armor. My character's not very strong, so I travel light.

It's not full invisibility, I'm afraid. It's partial, but it really helps when I want to get up close or break into a house without being followed by pesky guards. I've got a nice Predator shimmer going on. I think I'm going to invest in a dagger and something to make gurgling noises when I talk.

It doesn't really keep the wolves away when I'm riding around on my horse though.

You should do the Anvil haunted house quest to get yourself a real nice sized manor for only 5k.

Your owned houses are the only safe places to store items, because if you store them in other people's crates and boxes, the game will auto refresh them after a while, and you'll go back after a while and find a yarn in the box instead of your items.

Since you seem to be going the thieving route, it would be smart to buy a house to store your goods, if you haven't already.

The one in Anvil is the same size pretty much as the biggest one you can own in the game, and it's 1/5th the price of the other one which is in Skingrad, because of the haunted discount. Do a pretty easy short quest for it, and it's yours. Has tons of storage and a 2 level basement, it's 2 floors and has a balcony.

Talk to Verwyn Benirus I think his name is. He's in the inn in Anvil. The one inside town, not on the docks.

If you didn't do that quest already, make sure to have an enchanted weapon with you. You'll have to fight a few ghosts and only enchanted weapons or magic hurts them.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

I'll have to do that. I think I need to go back there to finish up the Mage Guild recommendations.

I'm not really stealing a lot. There's a few quests that require some breaking and entering. If I have the time I'll look through the stuff and take magical items, ingredients, gold, lockpicks, or repair hammers. Maybe clothes if I think they look good. Everything else I'll leave, even the jewelry. So far I haven't gone to jail or had to pay any fines. I've even managed to not accidentally kill anyone.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

Quote from: MURP on April 09, 2006, 03:34:14 AM
Godfather-  poor mans GTA.  very addicting though. Game does a decent job of making you feel part of the mob from the ground up.   If the game developers had a few more months to work on it, it could have been great.   There are two many things that are the same.  Only a few character models, many buildings are the same, most of the cars are the same etc.   needs more variety.   And the game controls can get sketchy in bigger fights.   

u buy it?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

hopefully the delay in the 360 Godfather will be worth it and fix some of those deficiencies murp
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: General_Failure on April 09, 2006, 05:33:18 AM
I'll have to do that. I think I need to go back there to finish up the Mage Guild recommendations.

I'm not really stealing a lot. There's a few quests that require some breaking and entering. If I have the time I'll look through the stuff and take magical items, ingredients, gold, lockpicks, or repair hammers. Maybe clothes if I think they look good. Everything else I'll leave, even the jewelry. So far I haven't gone to jail or had to pay any fines. I've even managed to not accidentally kill anyone.

Eventually you'll need a house for sure. You'll go on missions where you'll have to kill a ton of bandits/marauders, and they'll have good loot. You won't have enough strength to carry them all, so you'll need to go back and store stuff somewhere, then go back quickly and pick up the rest of the loot.

It's happened to me multiple times.

Also here's a tip. Make sure to carry around about 3 strong fortify strength potions at all times when doing quests. There was a certain quest where I found a ton of great loot, and I was over-encumbered by about 60, and there was no way I could drop enough useless crap to carry it all, so I drank one of those fortify strengths, and I was able to fast travel back to Anvil with the stuff.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

PS3 over $700

QuoteHere we go again.  While Sony Computer Entertainment America still hasn't released any specifics as far as PlayStation 3 pricing is concerned, we're now getting information from....the FRENCH!

According to reports released by a radio interview on French radio station Europe 1, Sony Computer Entertainment France and VP of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's George Fornay said that the PlayStation 3 would retail in Europe in the range of €499 to €599.

This adds up to be between $611 to $735 in US dollars.  Granted initial Blu-ray players alone are starting in the $1000 range (whenever they're going to be released), but still if this report is true, that's rather spendy as far as home consoles are concerned.

Fornay also states that the system will be released in France in November.

While no confirmation of North American pricing has been made at this point, we're assuming we'll hear more at this year's E3.

I'm an Xbox fan and will eventually buy the 360, but I don't care how great a gaming console is, I'm not paying over $700 for it.

The BIGSTUD

wrong topic

mussa

$700 dollars for video games and a small computer equivalent.  no fargin way im buying that.  i'd rather buy a mini mac and run windows just for PC games. i hope they are off by 300 dollars.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

I'm not in favor of paying over $150 for any gaming console. Max I'd go is 199, but I'm even less in favor of doing that.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

not all of us have to pay for sex either.

hbionic

or get paid for that matter.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

The BIGSTUD

I don't think it will be $700.

I say $600 absolute max, and probably $500.

PS3 has a built-in DVR, so that jacks up the price as well.

Diomedes

If it will truly play the entire back catalog, I'll pay $700.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Seahawks | S. Alexander lands Madden '07 cover
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:23:43 -0700

Jonathan Miller, of ign.com, reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander has landed the cover of Madden NFL 07, EA's critically acclaimed football title to be released in August on all major platforms. "To be on the cover of Madden NFL 07 is a big milestone in my career since I have always been a huge fan of this franchise," said Alexander. "EA Sports is focusing on the running game in this year's version, so I was honored when I was chosen to be on the cover to represent the improved running game."

Don't pick him in your Fantasy League. He's a goner.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.