Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Oblivion is starting to piss me off a little. I go past the Oblivion gate quest early on, and then we were going to retake the town, and one of the damn guards jumped in front of my mace and died. So now I'm a murder and everyone hates me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I saw Fight Night for 360 yesterday when I went to Game Stop to buy Civ IV.  Looked fantastic.  If the gameplay is still as good as Fight Night Round 2 was, then it's probably one of the best games for 360 so far.  Round 2 kicked ass.

Still not getting one.  I'll wait for the PS3.  My Microsoft console experiment is over. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Picked up Black, Call of Duty 2, and Far Cry Instincts used for a little over $60 at my local GameStop (buy 2 get 1 free) will probably start Black tonight.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: General_Failure on April 02, 2006, 04:42:01 PM
Oblivion is starting to piss me off a little. I go past the Oblivion gate quest early on, and then we were going to retake the town, and one of the damn guards jumped in front of my mace and died. So now I'm a murder and everyone hates me.

I would restart, from a previous save. I won't spoil it, but I think you don't get an invite for a certain guild if you have a murder record on you. This guild is part of the main quest.

Not 100% positive though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

I got an invite from another guild while resting in the arena pit. I'm pretty sure it's because I have a murder record. If I can't do the main quest, I'll do the side quests until I get bored.

The BIGSTUD

No, you can do the main quest. Oblivion is set up so you can't ruin the main quest.

But there is a guild you join after a few quests after closing the Kvatch Gate quest. It's not required, but it reaps some early benefits of some decent armor and weapons.

I read that if you have a murder on your record, you don't get the invite, but you can still advance.

Did you meet Jauffre yet?
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

Name sounds familliar. I think I did. If not, I'm at least on a quest to meet him. Stupid fantasy setting names confuse me more than stupid normal names.

Diomedes

That makes for a lot of confusion.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 30, 2006, 01:43:21 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 30, 2006, 08:16:48 AM
Anyone play Black? Read some reviews on it yesterday and it sounds worthy.

go back acouple pages.  i posted alot about it.  pretty awesome, def worth buying.  very very very intense.  its more of a unload ur clip game than stealth, although you can take it slow and pick ur way through levels.  im am close to the end, prob 2 more levels.  i have it on easy and its hard.  rent it and check it out for yourself.  i love it.  the only dissapointment is no multi-player or co-op.  it would be perfect if it had that.  i have a feeling it will be released on P23 and it may on that system.  :yay :yay

Beat Black last night on Normal. Was an excellent game but too short IMO. At first I thought it was a little too stiff, but after it opens up a little bit the game kicks ass. Storyline sucked but I can look past that since it's a video game and not a movie.

General_Failure

I screwed up my first run through and took some quests that I didn't really like, so I figured I'd try it again with a stealth/archery/magic character. I put the first sigil stone I got in that bow, and now I watch creatures fly all around when I pick them off from a distance.

Everywhere I turn now it's another damn Oblivion gate. I can't go anywhere without a handful of scamps jumping out and tossing fireballs around.

The BIGSTUD

Mage/archer is good early, but in the long run you better be handy with a blade IMO. It's a lot more fun and you get a lot stronger than being a mage/archer.

But play in a way that's fun for you. That is what makes the game great. You play any way you want. Just a recommendation on my part if you want to become very powerful later on.

General_Failure

My character is pretty handy with the katana, but I like picking them off from the shadows. The vampire hunter quest was a breeze with that bow. I suppose the invisibility shoes I made helped, too.

The BIGSTUD

You made invisibility enchanted boots?

General_Failure

Shoes, actually. I'm going through with leather pants as my only armor. My character's not very strong, so I travel light.

It's not full invisibility, I'm afraid. It's partial, but it really helps when I want to get up close or break into a house without being followed by pesky guards. I've got a nice Predator shimmer going on. I think I'm going to invest in a dagger and something to make gurgling noises when I talk.

It doesn't really keep the wolves away when I'm riding around on my horse though.

MURP

Godfather-  poor mans GTA.  very addicting though. Game does a decent job of making you feel part of the mob from the ground up.   If the game developers had a few more months to work on it, it could have been great.   There are two many things that are the same.  Only a few character models, many buildings are the same, most of the cars are the same etc.   needs more variety.   And the game controls can get sketchy in bigger fights.