Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Any recommendations on cheaper older games? Arkhum Asylum 2 is my next game but after that I want to try some older games. I'd like to give Dead Rising a try, is that any good? I was disappointed with Dead Island.

GOW 1 I tried beating RAAM on insanity and just couldn't beat him. Not even kidding when I say I spent 4 hours nailing every headshot with the torque bow and Longshot and still couldn't beat him.

Sgt PSN

Munson

I never tried Gears 1 on insane without having my boy play with me. We were able to do it with both of us after multiple tries.

I never really was serious gamer in terms of playing a lot of games, so I don't have any ideas for you. I mostly stuck to Gears and CoD. Left 4 Dead 2 was pretty decent.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

I found a copy of Madden '08, which seems to be the last football game with a PC version. It still sucks compared to 2k5, but everything does. I simmed my way up to this season, and it got a little weird. I traded McNabb for J.P. Losman, who has become a Pro Bowl QB. He's throwing to Reggie Brown and LJ Smith, both Pro Bowlers. Chris Gocong is leading the league with interceptions and is considered an NFL icon.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Who says games aren't realistic?

SD

Batman Arkham City is insanely good. Might be game of the year.

reese125

I heard that, but I might have to top you and say Battlefield 3 is going to get it even before Call of Duty steps foot.

The graphics and realism of that game is off the charts.

SunMo

i want both and have neither.

boooooooooooooooooooo
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: reese125 on November 01, 2011, 08:24:19 PM
I heard that, but I might have to top you and say Battlefield 3 is going to get it even before Call of Duty steps foot.

The graphics and realism of that game is off the charts.

I heard that. Never played 1 or 2 and I don't play online...so what I'm asking is is there a campaign?

Arkham Asylum was very good, this one just takes it to the next level. It's open world for the most part, the graphics are incredible, you can attack or use stealth or a combination of the two, and every villain is in it. I'm only an hour or so in and they're already showed or mentioned Croc, Joker, Harley Quinn, Hugo Strange, Riddler, Catwoman, Two Face, Mr. Freeze, The Penguin and others I probably just forgot to mention.

Seabiscuit36

I picked it up SD, mainly because if does have a campaign this time around.  The campaign is 6hours roughly from what I've read, but so far i really like it.  You drive a tank, act as a gunner on an F18 that launches from a Carrier Deck.  The graphics are sick, you're fighting in Iran, and all and all its pretty fun.  I decided to give it a try this year just because of the campaign, since my internet isnt good enough to handle multiplayer.  I'll still get MW3 because i cant help it. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125

the campaign is not the highlight of this game--the multiplayer is

even if you read the all the reviews you'll see thats the consensus as well

Seabiscuit36

without a doubt its a MP game.  They just decided to give another disc this round to try and compete with MW3.  Though i think my favorite mission so far has been being Spetznas in France.  Just a great level. 

The campaign has been very entertaining so far.  Some Red Dawn shtein, like MW3.  Also they have the Saiga 12k, which is the shotty I have.  I'm just not happy they dont have the 20rd drum like me. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

Quote from: SD on November 01, 2011, 08:22:07 PM
Batman Arkham City is insanely good. Might be game of the year.

Going to buy it after work based on this recommendation alone