Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Quote from: rjs246 on August 18, 2009, 03:39:16 PM
I don't care. Video games are the suck. Go outside.

I did. I rode 4 wheeler for a few hours tonight. Much more of a high than video games
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Quote from: phattymatty on August 18, 2009, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on August 18, 2009, 11:53:39 AM
The achievements are only for at least All-Pro difficulty and five minute quarters.

ah, thats probably my problem.  i play whatever the default is, probably pro.

and i have it for 360 also.

GT = RickMybars

I'm zanshin825 on there. If you see me on there, shoot me an invite.

Zanshin

So, I'm goofing with a franchise in Madden....and I noticed that all of my receivers have a -5 next to their awareness rating. Nice. Later I found out that when Andy Reid is the coach, your receivers awareness DROPS by 5 points automatically. That's the special thing Reid brings to the table.

Seabiscuit36

i picked Madden up, didnt feel like waiting 4 weeks for SI to get one to me.  I'm kinda pissed you can do formation changes, such as taking your playbook and moving players to specific spots for certain plays.  Thought you could do it on this one, but it is improved over the first demo that came out. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

You can do specific changes per play. When you're in the play screen, I think you have to click the right bumper then select the player you want to swap out...and then put in the player you want. I think it's called subs.

Seabiscuit36

yeah, but back on the old madden pre 360 you could do that in a playbook, and nto have to do it every game in game. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Yeah, there used to be a universal formation substitutions option....but at least you can do it; and if you're going for standard formation subs, that's a one-click deal.

mussa

oh farg that! yeah im not talking about sub'n in the backup RB when picking a play. I mean switching players around on D and taking as many starters off the kick off team etc, why can't they just leave it be, they constantly screwing around with the game...what the hell EA. this honestly has ruined the game for me. it peaked at 04 or 05, last one before the next gen. then they started taking things away and tinkering with shtein. no thanks
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

lol...really, this is the best offering they've had since 06 or so on PS2. Franchise mode is fun again, though I did like some of the functions from the old console that they haven't brought back, like the training camp and position battles. That said, it's football, it's fun, and it has a lot of replay value. Stop being a nancy about the good old days.

Seabiscuit36

I really miss the MiniCamps.  They were awesome

mussa

rented madden nfl 10 yesterday and played a few games last night. overall it feels better, more like the older ones. i like that its slowed down a bit. hit the qb while he's throwing is so much more realistic. i just wish sometimes the ball wouldn't just float in the air, maybe have it fly backwards sometimes, or just harder and more of a line drive into the ground. seems to be up for grabs waay too much. i did however get an int with trent cole and barreled 60 yards for the td. progression seems the same, but ive only played two games. i wish you could customize your playbook, another thing they took away that just pisses me off. there are 3 wildcat plays and they all suck. you don't have the option of subing in a QB in the QB position, only wide receivers. its some really simple things that they have taken out that make this game so-so. overall an improvement, but still taking features out of a game makes no sense to me.

Seabiscuit36

I'm definitely more of a fan, you can do substitutions on formations, just has to be in game, and they actually do save.  So i have quite a few plays where i have set routes and easy rollouts for Vick to the left.  Shady is ridiculous on here, had a run last night, thru 5 tacklers on the cowboys, he just kept pumping, they all fell down and it was a 75yarder. 

mussa

Yeah but you have to sub them in on the fly, with time ticking down. Just have one section in menu screen to change this. problem solved. i do however like that it saves it. just havn't had time, literally to get the players where I want them. I ripped a 59 yarder with DJack in the wildcat, somehow got caught on an angle at the one yard line. is there a juke move in this game? what happened to truck stick? why would they take them away?! I am fully convinced EA doesn't give a shtein and just constantly fargs with the game to piss people off.

reese125

I decided to rent this piece as well, and your rb comment is exactly my beef. you try and spin you have to be 10 feet away or the rb's back goes into the tackler, or when you try and juke (I guess with the left analog stick now) its not sensitive at all with the controller. So instead of improving the rb, they make it so the rb can have 3 guys gang tackling him and break loose--what the farg?

took sarge's advice and it worked out. save my ass 60 beans

Zanshin

jukes and truck stick is still there on the right stick. The truck stick morphed into a highlight stick, so that if it's a big back they truck, if it's a shifty back, they elude.