Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Batman vs Superman was on HBO so I recorded it.  It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it was still really bad.

There was a fight scene during a dream that BW was having that was off the charts awful in terms of choreography. Jesse Eisenberg was so horribly miscast as Lex Luther. This was obvious just from the previews, but magnified a million times over in the movie.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was legit fap worthy though. Not having high expectations for Justice League after this one.

Susquehanna Birder

Caught Rogue One yesterday. All I know is that if I ever get to design a huge interspace communication tower, I'm going to make sure that it has a couple of huge levers that require somebody to throw. And I'll put one way out on a gangplank about 2000 feet in the air. And I'll also include an 8-track player.

smeags

I find your lack of faith, disturbing.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

saw manchester by the sea last night.

thought it was outstanding. casey affleck was really good. incredibly well shot. michelle williams only had what was basically 2 scenes but she crushed both of them. not sure thats enough for a trophy. the kid was very good, too. his 1st girl was insane and shes like 16 when it was shot....i would def. commit statutory rape on her. worth it.

anyway love how the movie played true to life and loved how they told the story and intercut that flashbacks to fill in the gaps. the ending was perfect....nothing big, just a natural conclusion to the events and a nice moment between him and kid. then it fades out.

4.5/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the hateful eight - classic tarantino thru and thru...great script....great monolgues... story that kept me far more interested than django ever did...but then he went sadist tarantino in the last half hour and it got pretty stupid...still worth the time it takes to watch it and boy it takes a lot of time

1. pulp fiction
2. reservoir dogs
[huge gap]
3. kill bill
4. inglorious bastiches
[large gap]
5. the hateful eight
6. django unchained
[moderate gap]
7. death proof
8. jackie brown

7/10

midnight special - falls off the rails...especially at the end but getting there is really good stuff and the acting is fantastic...first movie i can ever remember shannon being out acted...edgerton the one who does it is amazing

6.5/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Just came from Rogue One....it was awesome, enjoyed it a lot.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on January 08, 2017, 12:52:53 AM
Just came from Rogue One....it was awesome, enjoyed it a lot.

Hey Munson, stop posting about movies and pay me.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

who is watching the globes with me!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

good god jimmy fallon is horrible.

and we start off with some foreigner winning for a movie nobodys heard of

on point

ice grillin you

matthew rhys should have won in a strong year the fact that he lost in a super weak year is awful

PhillyPhreak54

You two are more excited for this than the super bowl

MDS

1. emmys
2. oscars
3. sag
4. super bowl
5. gg

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 08, 2017, 08:15:38 PM
matthew rhys should have won in a strong year the fact that he lost in a super weak year is awful

ive been out on the americans but the hfpa has no idea what that show is...they know who billy bob is because he was a movie star so he got the trophy. thats how this works.