ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone seen a good movie lately?  (Read 756535 times)

phattymatty

• Inept Security Guard
Re: Anyone seen a good movie lately?
« Reply #22290 on: December 26, 2020, 06:13:35 PM »

meh I wasn't a big comic movie fan until last year when I did every single marvel movie in chronological order.  took a few weeks but was really fun.

Dre Day

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22291 on: December 26, 2020, 10:07:39 PM »

WW84 was unbelievably awful in every way.  My god.

I was gonna watch this this morning but every single review Iíve seen has been brutal so passing for now. DC has such great characters but their movies are brutal. WW1 was the best of the bunch and Iíd only rank that as a mid tier marvel film

meh I wasn't a big comic movie fan until last year when I did every single marvel movie in chronological order.  took a few weeks but was really fun.

Favorite film after watching it in order? If Iím bored on the weekends and itís late I eat an edible and watch Thor Ragnarok.
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

Rome

• Inept Security Guard
  • SIXERS BANDWAGONER
« Reply #22292 on: December 27, 2020, 08:05:57 AM »

i watched the first one basically to jerk off to gal gadot and the first 1:30 of it was actually watchable for a super hero movie....it then falls apart in an orgy of CGI stupidity...but whatever you think of it you must agree it was so god damn long

then i looked yesterday at the new ones running time to see if id give it a shot and its somehow 10 minutes LONGER....like is that even possible

My daughter said sheíd rather watch Gal Gadot sing ďImagineĒ again for two straight hours than watch WW84 again.   And my daughter isnít mean like I am either.  It was just that bad, like in top ten worst movies ever.

Rome

• Inept Security Guard
  • SIXERS BANDWAGONER
« Reply #22293 on: December 27, 2020, 08:09:51 AM »

And Iíve said it before but Watchmen is my favorite superhero movie.  Thatís a DC jawn but itís really the only ďDC movieĒ Iíll re-watch.  Nolanís Batman movies donít count btw.  Theyíre in a class of their own.

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #22294 on: December 27, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »

do you dorks ever watch good movies or just ones about comic books and light sabers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dre Day

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22295 on: December 27, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »

do you dorks ever watch good movies or just ones about comic books and light sabers

Art is subjective. The sooner you learn that the better your life will be.

ice grillin you

• DunningĖKruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22296 on: December 27, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »

And Iíve said it before but Watchmen is my favorite superhero movie.  Thatís a DC jawn but itís really the only ďDC movieĒ Iíll re-watch.  Nolanís Batman movies donít count btw.  Theyíre in a class of their own.

yeah Nolanís Batmanís are awesome...really the only ones I could get thru much less rewatch...number one they are Nolan but also Batman isnít really a superhero...heís just a dood with some gadgets...basically Batman is James Bond with a costume...nor are any of his villains special...also is there any cgi in them?...if there is itís minimal which always makes for a better movie

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #22297 on: December 27, 2020, 02:52:22 PM »

Art is subjective. The sooner you learn that the better your life will be.

theres nothing artistic about cgi, a cape and a terrible script
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dre Day

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22298 on: December 29, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »

WW84 was unbelievably awful in every way.  My god.

Gave in and watched this last night. Extremely low expectations going in...itís way worse than I could have imagined. I thought it would be bad like Aquaman...but itís several notches worse. All time bad even. I was going to turn it off after the first 20 minutes and the dumb mall scene but Gadot in a WW costume kept me watching. You donít see her in that outfit again for like 2 hours. The film just gets increasingly worse as it goes on. Itís the monkeys paw story mixed with WW. They must have raided wardrobe from the Cats set for Wiig.

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #22299 on: January 01, 2021, 10:34:11 AM »

never rarely sometimes always - an exceptional story about a 17 year old girl from pennsyltucky going to ny with her friend to get an abortion. you will be angry and depressed and somewhat hopeful all at the same time. small deal but its a pg-13 story, i guess intentionally, to make it more palatable for teenagers to watch who all needed to see this. reminded me of four months three weeks and two days, this outrageously good romanian movie about a woman trying to get one in the 80s when the country was communist. farg pro lifers to the ends of the earth. this is on hbomax go watch now. 5/5

first cow - unbelievably boring to the point i quit halfway through

soul - another pixar homerun. just a beautiful film about what it means to be alive with some great music thrown in. legit funny...like multiple jokes that kill. usually these movies have cute jokes that get a chuckle but i was legit cracking up at a bunch. 4/5

Dre Day

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #22300 on: January 01, 2021, 11:41:56 PM »

soul - another pixar homerun. just a beautiful film about what it means to be alive with some great music thrown in. legit funny...like multiple jokes that kill. usually these movies have cute jokes that get a chuckle but i was legit cracking up at a bunch. 4/5

Not bad. Thought the Soul world parts dragged a bit but music and message were outstanding.
Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487]   Go Up