The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on February 20, 2012, 01:30:43 PM
That stat is relevant if they lost all those games.

its absolutely relevant because they have no chance of winning a playoff series against a good team with a PG turning it over at an alarming rate...its not relevant if you care about beating dallas in a regular season game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 20, 2012, 01:28:40 PM
jesus you root for him?....unless you are rooting for him to die i dont quite get that

lets not get too crzy here...the farger is the first player in nba history to have 6 or more TO in six straight games...and not first six games of a career or a rookies first six games but any player in any six game stretch

haha... i knew you'd pull the t/o card the moment you got back from whatever insane asylum you were checked into.

reese125

TO's can very easily be adjusted. Westbrook leads the NBA in turnovers at almost 5 a clip....what so they have no shot?

and if your going to bring up a negative 6 game history stat to prove a point, I'll back that up with all the scoring and assists records he snapped from past superstars in that span.

phattymatty

no, i am not actively rooting for him, farg that guy, but it was hard not to get caught up in a few games last week, especially him killing the lakers. i have come to my senses though.

reese125

I'm actually pretty pissed that D'Antoni-who blows as a coach was able to get this kind of break.

Not to mention this biggest bitch is they are better than the Sixers now.

Rome

I'm not cheering for Lin either.  I am cheering for more awful puns, though. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on February 20, 2012, 01:45:20 PM
TO's can very easily be adjusted. Westbrook leads the NBA in turnovers at almost 5 a clip....what so they have no shot?

and if your going to bring up a negative 6 game history stat to prove a point, I'll back that up with all the scoring and assists records he snapped from past superstars in that span.

no i really dont think the thunder have a shot with westbrook right now at point...the big difference btwn the thunder and knicks tho is their defense...in things like blocks...defending the three... opponent fg%...ect...the thunder are superior to the knicks so they can afford to turn the ball over somewhat....ill also say that "almost five" is less than 7 or 8

and scoring and assists records dont equate in the playoffs when every possession matters....but TO's really amp up in importance...in the post season his scoring and assists by nature will go down and the TO's will go up...thus you would much rather him getting 14 9 and 3 right now than 25 11 and 8

i do agree he will lower his turnovers as he gets more experience....not to mention just the law of averages says no one could possibly keep up that TO pace....the question is when he has to adjust his game to limit turnovers will that also limit the positive aspects of his game....i def dont know the answer to this having only seen him play one game but its really hard for anyone to predict even if youve watched all his games...all i keep hearing about from him and his reviews has been how aggressive he is.....does that aggressiveness need to be tweaked in order to cut down on the TO's??....and if it does how much will this hurt his overall game

right now i think its obvious this guy is a legit nba player....the question obviously is whether he is as good as hes shown...that probably unlikley....so the real question is probably whether hes a legit starting nba pg

phattymatty

i didn't buy into the whole melo is going to ruin the knicks chemistry but they don't look anything like they have lately.

granted deron is killing them but still.

also, wtf does MSG keep playing the NFL on Fox music during breaks. so stupid.

rjs246

So wait, is there a chink in the armor or not?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on February 20, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
i didn't buy into the whole melo is going to ruin the knicks chemistry but they don't look anything like they have lately.

to be fair they lost to a 4-24 new orleans team less than a week ago without melo

reese125

Melo, JR Smith, Amare and Baron Davis--guys that love having the ball in their hands and tossing it up is sure to cause disruption to any flow they just had.

Lack of practice, checking egos and playing styles of all these players is bad for the Knicks this year.

phattymatty

wow spurs...win 11 in a row and then lose by 40. how does that happen.

reese125

Quote from: phattymatty on February 22, 2012, 11:06:00 AM
wow spurs...win 11 in a row and then lose by 40. how does that happen.

No Parker or Duncan-that about 40 pts right there.

Sgt PSN

I just watched about 10 minutes of a D-league game?  Why?  Because it's what was on in the waiting room at the Dr office.  Anyway, 3 things to note:

1.  D-league play is bad.  Really bad. 
2.  Ft Wayne has a team and their moniker is the "Mad Ants." 
3.  There was a female ref and she looked pretty farging good. 

phattymatty