The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

I knew Jo-Jo White didnt sound right..English was a farging punk goating Harper to fight the way he did. Classic Phil Jackson headgames. I think Harper was suspended the remainder of the series.

I dont think I remember Stern but I know I have a VHS of the WGN guys going nuts somewhere at my moms house.

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 12, 2010, 11:10:57 AM
Quote from: SunMo on February 12, 2010, 10:48:10 AM
that is pretty sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGVt7eIYwVc

what makes it the goat is the little forearm type shiver follow thru after he throws down on him...sprinkle in pure hatred btwn the teams and my hatred of the knicks and you have your winner

that shtein was nasty, and the fact he walked over top him afterward to embarrass him even more. loved that dunk

Kevin Johnson has a couple ridiculous ones as well, the one baseline on Hakeem and especially the one he rides piggy-back on dude after the jam

but the all-time dunk ever imo, olympics or not, goes to vince carter jumping over the 7fter...had it as my avatar a while back

DH

And then that 7fter was drafted by the Knicks ahead of Ron Artest.

phillymic2000

Quote from: reese125 on February 12, 2010, 11:49:55 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 12, 2010, 11:10:57 AM
Quote from: SunMo on February 12, 2010, 10:48:10 AM
that is pretty sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGVt7eIYwVc

what makes it the goat is the little forearm type shiver follow thru after he throws down on him...sprinkle in pure hatred btwn the teams and my hatred of the knicks and you have your winner

that shtein was nasty, and the fact he walked over top him afterward to embarrass him even more. loved that dunk

Kevin Johnson has a couple ridiculous ones as well, the one baseline on Hakeem and especially the one he rides piggy-back on dude after the jam

but the all-time dunk ever imo, olympics or not, goes to vince carter jumping over the 7fter...had it as my avatar a while back

Scottie Pippin is and always has been a bitch. The headaches agaisnt the pistons and Knicks are classic bitch moments

Sgt PSN

lol.  pippin didn't have the mental toughness that mj did (although not many competitors do) so in that regard, maybe you're on to something.  but dude played through some serious farging back problems, especially during the 2nd 3-peat because he spent nearly his entire career stepping in the lane and taking charges from guys coming at him full speed. 

in all actuality, i think pippen was a superior athlete to jordan on the court.  he was definitely a better jumper than mike and his game was more well rounded early on.  not saying that he was ever better than jordan because mj is the goat but pippen was no slouch either.  a lot of people say that you could replace pippen with anybody and jordan and the bulls would have had the same success.  i disagree because no other player in the league with pippen's talent would have ever been satisfied with the role of 2nd fiddle. 

pippen is far better than given credit for and that's with him being recognized at one of the top 50 goats. 

ice grillin you

hell be the bitchiest hall of famer ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 12, 2010, 01:17:56 PM
lol.  pippin didn't have the mental toughness that mj did (although not many competitors do) so in that regard, maybe you're on to something.  but dude played through some serious farging back problems, especially during the 2nd 3-peat because he spent nearly his entire career stepping in the lane and taking charges from guys coming at him full speed. 

in all actuality, i think pippen was a superior athlete to jordan on the court.  he was definitely a better jumper than mike and his game was more well rounded early on.  not saying that he was ever better than jordan because mj is the goat but pippen was no slouch either.  a lot of people say that you could replace pippen with anybody and jordan and the bulls would have had the same success.  i disagree because no other player in the league with pippen's talent would have ever been satisfied with the role of 2nd fiddle. 

pippen is far better than given credit for and that's with him being recognized at one of the top 50 goats. 

agree with all of your post except for this line

Sgt PSN

i think pippen could jump higher and was a more "powerful" jumper than mike.  where jordan could jump for distance and was more graceful. 

ice grillin you

pippen wasnt a particularly good leaper at all...he was long as shtein....meanwhile jordan had some of the best hops ever...they arent comparable athletes either...a lot of people dont realize this because jordan is the best scorer ever and pippens specialty was defense but jordan was also a better defender

jordan wasnt even real...he had to have been genetically engineerd or something

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 12, 2010, 02:32:38 PM
i think pippen could jump higher and was a more "powerful" jumper than mike.  where jordan could jump for distance and was more graceful. 

respect your opinion, but just disagree. pippen had the superior wingspan that made it look like he was higher than most, but as far as ups--jordan holds all honors

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on February 12, 2010, 02:36:36 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 12, 2010, 02:32:38 PM

respect your opinion, but just disagree. pippen had the superior wingspan that made it look like he was higher than most, but as far as ups--jordan holds all honors

i might be able to buy into that. 

lol igy....i never said that jordan didn't have jumping power, just that i think pippen was more powerful. 

although i think you're on to something with mj being genetically engineered.  he's a freak. 

ice grillin you

his dunks were ridiculously powerful

check the video of just a few of them

Sgt PSN

wow....i've never seen a jordan dunk video before.  how'd you find that?

ice grillin you

so youve seen a bunch of his dunks and still are this wrong?