The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Rumor floating from Detroit radio (1270AM) that Kobe vetoed a trade to the Pistons for Hamilton, Prince, Amir Johnson and a #1 pick

MDS

Yea he apparently didn't want to go live in Detroit, you know, with the all the riots and all. But the three man weave of him Billups and Sheed would be good enough to get the Pistons into the EC Finals against Boston. So he's really just 8 wins away from a title, versus not being close with the Lakers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Magic beat the Celtics tonight.  Any time a Boston team loses is a time to celebrate.

farg BOSTON.

BigEd76

Their MLS team lost the championship again.  AHAHAHA BOSTON

ice grillin you

bitch ass gilbert arenas is out for three months
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

phattymatty

i heard that smush parker missed the game the other night because he got detained by police after he got into an altercation with a valet guy over whether he paid his $12 parking ticket or not. 

he makes $2.2 mil this year.

Rome

Dwight Howard update:  He went for 39/16/5 the other night.  That's 39 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks, boys & girls.

Tonight's the night we'll see how good this Magic team is, though, because they play Phoenix.  The Suns have lost two straight but they're still the class of the western conference other than the Spurs.

ice grillin you

phattymatty

rashard lewis is the best signing of the year, huge contract and all.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2007, 12:31:04 PM
fraud

Haha.

I hope you're referring to the Magic and not Dwight Howard.

Also - I have no doubt that the Magic will eventually rue the day they signed Lewis to that ridiculous contract but he's playing great so far. 

phattymatty

not saying howard isn't good, but he wouldn't be having even close to to year he is if lewis wasn't on the team.

Rome

I agree, dude.  The Magic have needed another legitimate scoring option since the day he was drafted and now they have one.

That said, he's been totally dominant in almost every game this season.  Teams are even doing the Hack-A-Shaq routine on him but it's not working very well because he's been fairly decent in knocking down free throws.  He was 15/20 the other night in fact.

His defense and rebounding have always been there but now he's starting to learn how to score at will.  It's really been amazing to watch his growth as a ball player.

ice grillin you

youre the fraud

howard is the truth

and the magic dont exist

Rome

Ohhhh, that's right.  I forgot.   I'm a fraud because I like the Magic.  Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up, phillysuperfan.