The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

i know the west is tougher...and i know that 2001 was a once in a lifetime run by the sixers.  (they had the mvp, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year, & a hall of fame coach who won coach of the year)

i also know that denver is not even close to dallas, phoenix, or san antonio and will, at best, battle it out with utah, the lakers, & houston for the 4th spot in the west...and that's only if camby stays healthy.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

(they had the mvp, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year, & a hall of fame coach, btw)

hence the stars aligning

again they made the finals for one reason and one reason only...the leagues MVP put forth one of the great playoff performances of all time

other than in 01 that team never even won a division...and they won as many playoffs series that year than they did in all other years combined

Allen Iverson
Aaron McKie   
Tyrone Hill     
George Lynch
Theo Ratliff     
Eric Snow       
Toni Kukoc     
Jumaine Jones
Dikembe Mutombo
Todd MacCulloch   
Rodney Buford     
Matt Geiger           
Kevin Ollie     
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

we already established that they went downhill after 2001...so what.
all i'm saying is that denver is (at best) the 4th best team in the west...and that's even up for debate.  they didn't "surround" a1 with all this talent.  they had the talent before they traded for a1.
and they still won't make a finals like philly did in 2001.

ice grillin you

denver would easily win the east...and iverson has more talent around him in carmelo anthony than any entire sixer team he ever had

hunt

good for him.
but in the end, the result will be the same.

ice grillin you

no doubt....the west is just too good

BigEd76

Minnesota fired Dwane Casey w/ a 20-20 record

MDS

I didnt know they got rid of Flip Saundrs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 23, 2007, 09:43:21 PM
Minnesota fired Dwane Casey w/ a 20-20 record

The Eagles will sign him now to coach special teams.  TWO FIRST NAMES!

BigEd76

for hunt:

QuoteWhile Tawanna Iverson has accompanied her husband, Allen, to Denver, where the Sixers star was recently traded, sources tell us that Tawanna has recently met with at least one Philadelphia divorce attorney.

Attorney Albert Momjian said Thursday that he was "not in a position to discuss" whether he had met with or been retained by Tawanna. No divorce papers have been filed by Mrs. Iverson.

The high school sweethearts from Virginia, both 31, married in August 2001 and have four children.

In 2002, Iverson was alleged to have thrown Tawanna out of their Gladwyne home naked, and later was accused of threatening two men with a gun while looking for her. All charges against him were later dropped.

Asked recently about a possible divorce, Allen's spokesman Gary Moore told us such speculation was "absolutely untrue." "They're fine. The marriage is fine," Moore said. Efforts to reach Tawanna were unsuccessful.

BigEd76

The All-Star reserves were just announced.  Somehow the leading scorer of the league was left out...  ???

He'll probably replace Carlos Boozer anyway, but still...

Dillen

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 01, 2007, 09:56:20 PM
The All-Star reserves were just announced.  Somehow the leading scorer of the league was left out...  ???
He did "punch" a guy, if you want to call it that, then run away like a puss.

Ron Artest should have went to the All Star game for punching that dude out.

MDS

Literally the same post on BSG, Ed. Probably on the EMB, too. A little originality never hurt.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

Haha he just walks off the court at the end like a little girl.