The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 22, 2006, 09:43:47 PM
I rock sandals more and more every year.  It's too damn hot here in the south.

word
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

I wanted to throw this guys name out there because he is going to be passed on by alot of teams possibly in the first, early second (Sixers could use a point guard like this). Ive been reading alot on him and he seems to be very respected for his game not only in his conference but all over, with alot of heads saying that he is the best pure PG in this years draft. He also played lights out for Peurto Rico. Prototypical Brevin Knight with more ups. Keep your eye on him

"Senior Jose Juan Barea made a statement this week to NBA scouts in attendance at the 54th annual Portsmouth Invitational Tournament in Portsmouth, Va. The four-day tournament gives 64 college seniors one more opportunity to showcase their talents before the Chicago Draft Camp.

Barea turned in absolutely stellar numbers over three games. He averaged 15.0 points per game, 13.6 assists and 5.6 rebounds, while committing just five turnovers the entire weekend. He set the PIT tournament records for assists in a game (18) and in the tournament (41) and was honored with the Allen Iverson Award for inspiration and effort.

Sgt PSN

I love AI but does anyone else find it a bit humorous that he has an award named after him? 

phattymatty

he's from that area of VA.  i'm sure thats the only reason.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 23, 2006, 02:09:00 AM
Socks and shoes to the beach? I hate sandals but I'll wear them to the beach. That's about the only time.

Know what I really, really hate?

The Romes who wear flip-flops with jeans and a collared shirt with the collar popped.

Is there anything gayer?

that is incredibly accurate.

LOL.  You have issues, Phreak.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

reese125

Whats in the the secret black box to be revealed at the draft

the NBA will be using a new basketball design next season. The new ball is no longer
going to be leather, rather a composite surface, and has a strikingly
different look. One of the side effects of this new non-leather ball
will likely be the decrease in shooting percentages, as the ball tends
to "bobble" out a touch more than the normal NBA ball. The
new ball was used exclusively at the NBA pre-draft camp. The new ball
is also featured in print on the cover of the NBA's 2006 draft
guide. Ironically, neither the NBA nor Spalding has put out a release
on the new ball yet. There had been rumors of the new ball design for
the past few months, it was surprising to see it in use in Orlando,
especially without any press on the new ball or its features –
but it's coming.

Dillen

That's incredibly ugly. I hate how the leagues are trying to make everything look modern. Just leave it the way it is.

phattymatty

did they ever say what was the mysterious thing in the black bag that was in the middle of the heat locker room during the playoffs?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Dillen

Quote from: phattymatty on June 27, 2006, 12:46:41 PM
did they ever say what was the mysterious thing in the black bag that was in the middle of the heat locker room during the playoffs?
Pictures of the players and their families and cards with some motivational saying on it, and the rest of Riley's rings.

reese125

The hot rumor floating among GMs now is that the Bulls and Timberwolves might pull off a blockbuster Kevin Garnett deal, sending picks No. 2 (Tyrus Thomas) and No. 16 (probably Marcus Williams) along with either Luol Deng or Ben Gordon to Minnesota for Garnett.

BigEd76

Sounds like Bargnani to Toronto #1 and Morrison to Charlotte #3 barring last-minute trades...

PhillyPhreak54

Bargnani to TOR is official.

Da Bulls on the clock

Tyrus Thompson here? Or laMarcus Aldridge