The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 08, 2021, 12:16:39 AM
nobody knows who devin booker is. chris paul is in commercials but he doesnt move the needle. kyrie is as popular as me.

the needle pushers in the nba are lebron, steph, zion and thats pretty much it. guys like durant and harden can lead a promo graphics package but nobody is turning on the tv to watch them. market is really important and bkn does not register in NY, nothing registers in phoenix except trump rallies and lynchings of mexicans

Yeah I disagree.

Aren't the nba ratings up this year as a whole? And even with the playoffs not really having close games I'd guess their ratings are good too.

Utah and Atlanta
Utah and Milwaukee
Actually Utah vs anyone
Denver and Atlanta
Denver and Milwaukee
Clippers and Atlanta
Clippers and Milwaukee

Those are your nightmare matchups for TV and cache among casual fans.

MDS

brooklyn is a mortal lock for the finals so nevermind your fantasy matchups. ratings are up but the playoffs are community based right now. there are 2-3 games on a night, they bleed into each other. when you get into the finals, its one game and one matchup. getting a good audience is generally based on market size or having a mega star.

a nets/suns finals is not a nightmare scenario by any means. itll just the first finals in a while without a needle mover.

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 08, 2021, 12:19:02 AM
Durants a mega star so is Harden.

they are stars but they do not increase ratings. its like aaron rodgers and peyton manning. manning increased ratings on his own, rodgers is just a star. there are always plenty of stars but very few of them bump up numbers. tebow was one, perhaps the only terrible player to be one.

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 08, 2021, 01:01:30 AM
Quotelebron, steph, zion

One of these things is not like the other.

zion is a legit needle mover. the numbers for duke his tourney run were insane. he holds up well in the nba on a bad team in a worthless market.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for coming out, Nuggets. Collect your participation trophy at the door.

Another blowout. Of the 56 games, including the play in games, only 10 have been a five point or less victory.

32 out of the same 56 have been victories of 10 points or more.

rjs246

A third of the way through the second round. Of course it's been blowouts. Settle down.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

this is one of the worst played basketball games I've ever seen including college
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 10, 2021, 10:02:22 PM
this is one of the worst played basketball games I've ever seen including college

Because of the lack of offense you'd assume it's been a tight defensive game but it's just all around sloppy

ice grillin you

there were 27 total assists in the game and the under hit with 66 pts to spare lolol

rjs246

I saw the o/u at 234 and bumped it down to 232.5 for the extra moneys. I guess I could have nudged it a little more.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

it was the third biggest under of the last 40 years and the biggest playoff under ever

the clippers bench is significantly worse than the sixers...it was shocking at the time but that luke kennard deal somehow looks even worse now

rjs246

Yeah, something is very broken about that Clippers team. I don't exactly believe in the Jazz as a real contender either but they at least play like they've met each other before.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 08, 2021, 12:19:02 AM
Durants a mega star so is Harden.

on thursday, the jazz/clippers game had more viewers than the nets/bucks game

nobody gives a flying farg about kevin durant
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Omg Todd is still farging talking about tv ratings. Four years away and nothing has changed. Jesus.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on June 13, 2021, 10:29:34 AM
Omg Todd is still farging talking about tv ratings. Four years away and nothing has changed. Jesus.

lol

MDS

shoot the messenger all you want im here to teach you people

ice grillin you