Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 16, 2015, 09:58:26 AM

nothing makes me more mad than fans who judge a player by his draft spot or his contract....its ignorance at its worst and annoys the shtein out of me...iguodala didnt get to choose where he was picked and he shouldnt be expected to turn down a contract offer because the fans think its too much...

yeah, the bad contract wasn't his fault.  but in a salary cap sport, a contract like that can hamstring a franchise...and fans are going to bring that up. overpaying role players can sink an nba team.  sixers had to shed that salary to begin the rebuild process.   

Quoteplayers should be judged by their game...period...iguodalas biggest problem imo wasnt the contract or the lottery pick statuys he held....it was that his best attribute was defense and 90% of fans have no clue how to recognize a great defender unless hes blocking a shot

his game fits what gs needs him to do...play really good d & score some points w/o having plays run for him.  his game didn't fit what the sixers expected out of him...they thought he'd take the next step & become a franchise player but he never did.   
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 16, 2015, 10:00:22 AM
btw it should also be mentioned that he basically makes the same amount of money right per season now that he did after he signed his 80 mil dollar deal with the sixers

i don't follow the cap very closely but hasn't it gone way up since that sixers' contact?  meaning igg's salary might be just as much in total $ but it's a much lower % of the total cap?  idk...just assuming it went up since it seems to every season and that $80 mill deal was signed 7 years ago.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SunMo

Quote from: smeags on June 16, 2015, 10:01:47 AM
who farging cares.

yeah, it's really weird that people are discussing the NBA in the "Rest of the NBA" thread"

try this one, it's more up your alley http://www.concretefield.info/forum/index.php?topic=15896.0
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 16, 2015, 10:26:21 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 16, 2015, 10:00:22 AM
btw it should also be mentioned that he basically makes the same amount of money right per season now that he did after he signed his 80 mil dollar deal with the sixers

i don't follow the cap very closely but hasn't it gone way up since that sixers' contact?  meaning igg's salary might be just as much in total $ but it's a much lower % of the total cap?  idk...just assuming it went up since it seems to every season and that $80 mill deal was signed 7 years ago.

not way up...it goes way way way up in the next few years....that said the same money then is not the same money as now

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on June 16, 2015, 10:47:37 AM
Quote from: smeags on June 16, 2015, 10:01:47 AM
who farging cares.

yeah, it's really weird that people are discussing the NBA in the "Rest of the NBA" thread"

try this one, it's more up your alley http://www.concretefield.info/forum/index.php?topic=15896.0

cool, my point is who cares about spending time to go pull up 5yr old posts about a former sixer player to prove to fans that hated on him were fargtards for it. like you. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

my point is, why do you care about what anybody ever spends time talking about?  i mean, the 4th "who cares" was hilarious, no doubt, so the comedic value is well received, i'm still laughing about it actually. 

smeags

thanks for the review meat puppet

SunMo

another gem, my stomach hurts from all the laughter

smeags

more likely its just gas.

MDS

well johnny is especially crabby today, isnt he?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

smeags' idiocy will do that to even the sunniest of dispositions

SunMo

MDS

i added it because you like hitler so much
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.