Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Nice!  :yay

RFA's don't have much of a choice but to sign what they're offered  :deion

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Supposedly Johnsson signed a 1-year deal too...

WEST is GOD

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TO is GOD on August 09, 2005, 01:29:31 AM
Why only one year deals?

First year of using the cap. Clarke wants both Gagne and Johnsson long term. After this season, Brashear and Desjardins are both gone and that will free up somewhere around 5-6M. With other possible cuts/UFAs next season, both Gagne and Johnsson will get the long term deals they want. They've already said that they want to remain Flyers (Johnsson especially) and play with Forsberg.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Philly_Crew

I really hope they find a way to keep Handzuz.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Philly_Crew on August 09, 2005, 07:45:28 AM
I really hope they find a way to keep Handzuz.

Keep? You mean for this year? He's under contract. He was only being talked about as a possible trade to free up cap space for Forsberg (if they couldn't get anyone to take on JR's salary)

Philly_Crew

I mean that they don't trade him.  I guess it would depend on the trade but I think the sky is the limit for him.  Find another way to free up cap space for Forsberg.  Would Brashear alone do it?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Philly_Crew on August 09, 2005, 08:52:05 AM
I mean that they don't trade him.  I guess it would depend on the trade but I think the sky is the limit for him.  Find another way to free up cap space for Forsberg.  Would Brashear alone do it?

They already cleared that space by trading Roenick.

PoopyfaceMcGee

By many accounts I've heard, the Flyers still might have to clear some space... and would do so by unloaded Brashear and/or Handzus.  It's silly to think there is zero chance that could happen and dismiss someone who's concerned.

PhillyGirl

Welcome to Philly Hatcher and Rathje!

PhillyGirl

MURP

they look like they both got their asses kicked recently. 

Phanatic

Those are some high quality false teeth Clarke's got there. High gloss pearly whites!!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!