Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Forsberg and his spleen are awesome, no doubt, but I think it goes without saying that Forsberg plus JR would be a helluva lot nicer than just Forsberg. But hey, we've got arguably the best player in the league. Who am I to complain.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Gimme Dustin Brown instead
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on August 04, 2005, 01:07:25 PM
Forsberg and his spleen are awesome, no doubt, but I think it goes without saying that Forsberg plus JR would be a helluva lot nicer than just Forsberg. But hey, we've got arguably the best player in the league. Who am I to complain.

Forsberg on a line with Gagne and Carter is enough to make any hockey fan drool all over themselves.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

From Flyers website

QuoteThe Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have traded center Jeremy Roenick and the Nashville Predators' third round pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for future considerations, according to club General Manager Bob Clarke.

Roenick, 35, did not play during the 2004-05 season. During the 2003-04 season, he recorded 19 goals and 28 assists for 47 points and 62 penalty minutes in 62 regular season games for the Flyers. Roenick missed 19 games from February 14 through March 23 due to a broken left jaw and concussion sustained in a game against the Rangers in New York on February 12, 2004.

In three seasons with the Flyers (2001-02 through 2003-04), Roenick registered 67 goals and 106 assists for 173 points and 211 penalty minutes in 216 games. He was signed by the Flyers as a free agent on July 2, 2001.

In 1,124 career regular season NHL games over 16 seasons (1988-89 through 2003-04) with the Chicago Blackhawks, Phoenix Coyotes and the Flyers, Roenick has registered 475 goals and 645 assists for 1,120 points and 1,345 penalty minutes.

The Flyers acquired Nashville's third round pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for defenseman Danny Markov on August 2, 2005.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 04, 2005, 12:48:43 PM
AND....if you think about it, it actually becomes JR and Markov for Forsberg and future considerations.

More like JR and Markov for Forsberg, Hatcher, Rathje, Therien and future considerations

PhillyGirl

This is the best possible way to put it:

QuoteBasically bought out Markov and Roenick without spending a cent, then used the cash to pay Forsberg.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

JR & Markov << Forsberg & Hatcher << Ditka

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteForsberg said several teams, including Colorado, pursued him, and he declined a better offer from another club he wouldn't name.

Sweet.

Quote``We've improved on defense immensely and we've improved our center ice immensely,'' Clarke said. ``What that translates to, I don't know.''

Oooooh K, Bobby.  Glad you have a plan.

PhillyandBCEagles

I still don't like it.  WTF would've been wrong with dealing Handzus and Brashear???  And why the hell did we have to give up a 3rd-round pick in the process as well??

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on August 04, 2005, 03:14:59 PM
I still don't like it.  WTF would've been wrong with dealing Handzus and Brashear???  And why the hell did we have to give up a 3rd-round pick in the process as well??

Oh you've GOT to be kidding me.

What would have been wrong with it? Perhaps no one wanted those 2 at the salaries they are making? Brashear is overpaid and not many teams (if any) would want that cap hit.

Cry all you want, this was the only scenario that was going to work.

dis12

Handzus has more future upside than JR (as much as I love JR's game).  Plus since we lost Fedorek, we need a tough guy.   Brashear isn't a half-bad. player.

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on August 04, 2005, 03:14:59 PM
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 04, 2005, 01:42:31 PM
JR & Markov << Forsberg & Hatcher << Ditka

Yeah that is what I'm talking about! This whole thing has really gotten me excited to be a Flyers fan again.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

BigEd76

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 04, 2005, 02:44:12 PM
QuoteForsberg said several teams, including Colorado, pursued him, and he declined a better offer from another club he wouldn't name.

Sweet.

Rumor is that it was either Toronto or the Rangers...

PhillyGirl

Flyers picks (as of now) for next season (MUCH deeper draft):

1st
2nd
2nd (from TB)
2nd (From PHO)
2nd (from FLA)
3rd
4th
4th - (from CBJ)
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 04, 2005, 09:28:27 PM
Flyers picks (as of now) for next season (MUCH deeper draft):

1st
2nd
2nd (from TB)
2nd (From PHO)
2nd (from FLA)
3rd
4th
4th - (from CBJ)
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th

In madden that would add up to about 5 first rounders. I'm not sure what that has to do with your post.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.