Flyers Season thread

Started by Wingspan, October 13, 2004, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The schedule will be released tomorrow, but Hitchcock already hinted that the first 2 games are at home vs the Rangers and Devils...  >:D

PhillyGirl

As I posted last week. Opening day is at home vs. the Rangers on October 5
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Father Demon

Rumors from Eklund:

Pronger- It is looking less and less like he will return to St. Louis. Teams interested are basically everyone, however only a few teams really want to make a run. Atlanta, Anaheim, Ottawa, and Philadelphia.

Neidermayer- I still believe when push comes to shove that the Devils will get him back, however not before he tests the market. In the end he will be very close to the max and if Jersey is willing to pay the max I believe he would stay. He will talk to Toronto and Vancouver for sure, and possibly Philadelphia.

I'm really, really pissed about Pronger leaving St. Louis.  Stupid farging GM doesn't buy out Tkachuk, and has publicly stated that they will be at about $30M in payroll.  Tkachuk and Weight together will earn almost 20 of that.  With the team for sale, they are taking the spend-as-little-as-possible route until it's sold.  I'm so goddamned happy I cancelled my season tickets during the lockout. 
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on July 27, 2005, 10:55:09 AM
Rumors from Eklund:

Pronger- It is looking less and less like he will return to St. Louis. Teams interested are basically everyone, however only a few teams really want to make a run. Atlanta, Anaheim, Ottawa, and Philadelphia.

Neidermayer- I still believe when push comes to shove that the Devils will get him back, however not before he tests the market. In the end he will be very close to the max and if Jersey is willing to pay the max I believe he would stay. He will talk to Toronto and Vancouver for sure, and possibly Philadelphia.

I'm really, really pissed about Pronger leaving St. Louis.  Stupid farging GM doesn't buy out Tkachuk, and has publicly stated that they will be at about $30M in payroll.  Tkachuk and Weight together will earn almost 20 of that.  With the team for sale, they are taking the spend-as-little-as-possible route until it's sold.  I'm so goddamned happy I cancelled my season tickets during the lockout. 

WHY WHY WHY do you people insist on posting this clown's idiotic ramblings? Do NOT listen to this guy or that Illka guy. All it will do is cause either hopes to get up and be crushed....or piss you off.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 27, 2005, 10:56:30 AM
WHY WHY WHY do you people insist on posting this clown's idiotic ramblings? Do NOT listen to this guy or that Illka guy. All it will do is cause either hopes to get up and be crushed....or piss you off.

Because I'm pissed already at the clowns running the Blues, and the garage-team mentality they are using.  farg them.  farg them all.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

The "sources" of Eklund and Illka are both ridiculous. Please never believe a word either of them say.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 27, 2005, 11:08:53 AM
The "sources" of just about every sports writer in the country should never ever be listened to. Please never believe a word any of them say. So sayeth the all knowing lord and master of the professional-sports-rumor-mill universe!

Fixed.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on July 27, 2005, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 27, 2005, 11:08:53 AM
The "sources" of just about every sports writer in the country should never ever be listened to. Please never believe a word any of them say. So sayeth the all knowing lord and master of the professional-sports-rumor-mill universe!

Fixed.

No, actually, I've been reading these guys and their "inside stuff" for a few years. One of them actually has the balls to CHARGE people to read his shtein. Any Flyers fan who has been aware of this would say the same thing as me.

But the insult is noted.

BigEd76

They don't become legit until PG has their email address and/or phone number.....duh!  :-D

rjs246

Yeesh touchy touchy. Of course none of their stuff is bullet proof and of course charging for their brain dumps is ridiculous. But sports fans need these rumor mill writers as much as the writers need us. The truth is we don't care if its accurate or not, we just want information before stuff happens. It's part of being a fan of sports. shtein, that why we keep BigEd around, isn't it?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on July 27, 2005, 11:16:19 AM
Yeesh touchy touchy. Of course none of their stuff is bullet proof and of course charging for their brain dumps is ridiculous. But sports fans need these rumor mill writers as much as the writers need us. The truth is we don't care if its accurate or not, we just want information before stuff happens. It's part of being a fan of sports. shtein, that why we keep BigEd around, isn't it?

The problem is, they report rumors as FACT and one charges for it. Its a disgusting practice

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 27, 2005, 11:18:17 AM

The problem is, they report rumors as FACT and one charges for it. Its a disgusting practice

All it takes is an iota of intelligence to understand that their 'facts', aren't. After that it's just entertainment. Yeesh.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

Not to derail this love-fest, but would you take Pronger at the max salary?  Could Philly afford him?

rjs246

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on July 27, 2005, 11:36:45 AM
Not to derail this love-fest, but would you take Pronger at the max salary?  Could Philly afford him?

Of course I'd take him if the team could afford him. Who wouldn't want a Pronger on their team?

Let them eat bootstraps.