What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I've listened to icebergradio.com or live365.com streams for years at work.  I just found out the other day that IT is now seriously monitoring web usage, so it's been strongly suggested we stop listening to music over the net.  It's 2014 and the gubmint is so goddamn cheap they refuse to set up WIFI hubs in our building for public usage.   Just amazing, really. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 11, 2014, 07:29:00 PM
Quote from: SD on November 11, 2014, 07:20:02 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 11, 2014, 06:42:12 PM
I don't know how you can have a legit hip hop station with the language thats in the music

They blur the words out. Sucks but the station is legit. Signal blows though.

that would drive me nuts
Same here.  I cant stand static.  Do they have an App or RDIO channel? 

I live in the freaking boonies and can't hold a signal for more than a mile on the drive home from town.  I just rock the old Ipod classic. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on November 12, 2014, 05:19:12 AM
I've listened to icebergradio.com or live365.com streams for years at work.  I just found out the other day that IT is now seriously monitoring web usage, so it's been strongly suggested we stop listening to music over the net.  It's 2014 and the gubmint is so goddamn cheap they refuse to set up WIFI hubs in our building for public usage.   Just amazing, really. 
Welcome to the rest of the corporate world rules in that respect.  That shtein went on lockdown years ago. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 12, 2014, 08:32:46 AM
I don't know how you can have a legit hip hop station with the language thats in the music

that would drive me nuts

I live in the freaking boonies and can't hold a signal for more than a mile on the drive home from town.  I just rock the old Ipod classic.

i was talking about having to listen to songs with words edited like that....a clean version is one thing but unnaturally editing out curse words is annoying as hell
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

My work doesn't discourage listening to music or using the web -- its just that our internet is so farging slow here that if one person is streaming then it locks up the order entry system. farging ridiculous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 12, 2014, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 12, 2014, 08:32:46 AM

that would drive me nuts

i was talking about having to listen to songs with words edited like that....a clean version is one thing but unnaturally editing out curse words is annoying as hell
Ah.. Kinda wish the US radio rules were like Australia.  You just say "Language Warning" and they play the original version. 

Rome

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-soundtrack-free-google-play-1201360466/

This is great.  You have to give a credit card number if you're not already using GooglePlay but it's worth it.  Totally free.

Diomedes

you have to give a credit card number but it's free?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Yep.  It's a gimmick to get you to register a card with Google Play.  I already had an account so I just logged in and downloaded it but if you don't have an account you simply have to register a card. 

Seabiscuit36

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

anyone listening to Serial? it's really good.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on November 19, 2014, 06:46:35 PM
http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-soundtrack-free-google-play-1201360466/

This is great.  You have to give a credit card number if you're not already using GooglePlay but it's worth it.  Totally free.

such a great soundtrack.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

guess i'm late to the game but just getting back into normal society and heard this hozier dude recently. rotation the past few days and it's the most soulful / sexy / bluesy album in a long time. probably since amy winehouse. really good chilling / farging music.

10 /10

also, been about two weeks since wu-tangs new one, and i wanted to give it a few listens before saying it's not good. but it's not good. maybe two or three decent tracks. one possible club banger which is basically gravel pit with different lyrics, and a few that are seriously dumb as farg. disappointing to say the least. nahmean.