Plastic-ho and Shockey whining about Coughlin

Started by PhillyGirl, September 27, 2005, 12:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

I just learned that the Giants scored three (3) points in the entire second half. That must have been some fine farging play from the QB to lead that kind of scoring onslaught.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMORE THAN MEETS THE EYE ON PLAX FLAP

As Giants coach Tom Coughlin continues to defend his decision to bench receiver Plaxico Burress during the first quarter of Sunday night's loss to the Chargers, we've picked up more details regarding the events that resulted in Plax getting parked on the pine.

Word is that the root of the problem was an argument last week between Burress and offensive coordinator John Hufnagel.  Hufnagel, we hear, swore at Burress after Burress jumped early during a play in practice.

We also hear that the locker room consternation resulting from the benching of Burress resulted in large part from the fact that the team announced the move late.  If they'd known for example on Friday, then the players might not have reacted so negatively to the move.

With all that said, it's not like the temporary absence of Burress made a difference -- unless the Giants would have scored an extra 23 points in the first quarter.  They lost by 22, folks, and gave up 45.

Speaking of the Giants' porous defense, the Soup Nazi is tinkering with his linebackers.  Reggie Torbor heads for the bench, and Carlos Emmons is moving from the weak side to the strong side.  Nick Griesen will start on the weak side.

Aside from the Plexiglass issue...I knew moving Emmons to WIL would be dumb. I believe I posted about it when it happened. You don't take a premier SAM 'backer out of his element and move him to WIL.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Giants scapegoat of the week:  REGGIE TORBOR.

BlueHeart

Might not be much movement afterall. Emmons has an owie in his knee and everyday the story changes of whether he's even gonna play.

Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

General_Failure

An ex-Eagle with a bumb knee? I don't believe it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BlueHeart

shorebird

Plaxico has looked very good since they put him in at the second quarter, with two TD's. But the G-men have let the Rams back into the game. Rams sliced a 20 pt. lead in half, and are down by just 10 with a little momentum.

PhillyPhreak54

Burress looks pretty darn good in NY....whoda thunk it?

That offense is potent...but the defense is giving up a ton too.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

BlueHeart

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 02, 2005, 08:39:51 PM

They're not giving up much, actually, minus that bastid Tomlinson last week. (Can't really be bothered by it now though 'cause he lights up Ds period. Again, that bastid. LOL)

Eli-Burress is turning out to be a more lethal combo then even the most homeriffic Giants fan could've hoped for, or predicted.

I'll take it.  ;D

I can't be any happier than I am right now with Manning. Other than trying to force the ball to Shockey a couple of times, he is exceeding any expectations I've had for him at this point in his career.

Me a happy biotch, period. :=)

WEST is GOD

Plaxico is pretty good. I don't expect him to put up another 200 yard receiving day this season(or the rest of his career for that matter), but they are pretty good. Not in the top 5 or even top 10 as QB WR combos, but still pretty good considering how brutal Eli is.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BlueHeart on October 03, 2005, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 02, 2005, 08:39:51 PM

They're not giving up much, actually, minus that bastid Tomlinson last week. (Can't really be bothered by it now though 'cause he lights up Ds period. Again, that bastid. LOL)

Eli-Burress is turning out to be a more lethal combo then even the most homeriffic Giants fan could've hoped for, or predicted.

I'll take it.  ;D

I can't be any happier than I am right now with Manning. Other than trying to force the ball to Shockey a couple of times, he is exceeding any expectations I've had for him at this point in his career.

Me a happy biotch, period. :=)

What are they going to do about the loss of Peterson? Keep Deloatch in there? Will Webster eventually start?

I'm counting the days until Eli is re-introduced to the Birds defense, missy. ;D

BlueHeart

Avenger: I don't think anyone expected him having a 200+ yard game. I don't imagine it will be a common occurence either, but, shall they come, I will receive them with joy. LOL

Phreak: At this point, I dunno if even Coughlin knows what's going to happen at RCB. It's probably going to continue being a rotation until he (Herr Coughlin) is fully confident in plugging one of the kids in there full-time. He's been shuffling players from both sides in that slot. It's not ideal, but, it's working so far. *shrug*

I like doing it that way anyway. Gets them both experience and gives us a chance to see what they can do. Both of them have the ability to be amazing players, but, and I don't know if it's lack of experience or what, they can both be hellaciously inconsistent. Make your eyes pop out one second and cringe the next. LOL

As for your D and Eli... you guys already tried to break him in half and he popped right back off like it never happened. I'm not worried.

And I don't think he is either.  :P