Listening to Didinger and Macnow--what five games are the Eagles going to lose?

Started by bobbyinlondon, September 10, 2005, 10:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I wonder if Favre sold his soul to the Devil at the same crossroads in Clarksdale, Mississippi as blues legend Robert Johnson?

Seriously, think about it.  He's been a drug addict, he's had family members die mysteriously, his wife has gotten cancer, his entire family lost just about every possession thanks to Katrina, and worst of all, he had Freddie Mitchell deny him a last chance at a Super Bowl win.

I'm telling you... S-A-T-A-N.

:paranoid

General_Failure

So he's going to con Ralph Macchio into taking him back there to renegotiate?

The man. The myth. The legend.

DonovanTheMessiah

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on September 11, 2005, 11:13:19 AM
Is Cuz's book out yet? I'd like to pick that one up, as well...I enjoy his writing.

RE: the season record, Macnow was predicting a loss on MNF to the Falcons, to start the season. He believes the Eagles are the better team, but pointed out that the Eagles don't always come out strong from the gate, and that the schedule makers weren't kind to the Eagles by putting them on the road on MNF against a team with a revenge factor.

I don't get that, it's not true.

2000 - whupped up on the cowboys
2001 - lost by 3 points to a team that went 14-2 that season
2002 - lost by 3 points after dominating the first half of the game.
2003 - Only game we've stunk up the joint
2004 - killed the Giants

We may have lost some games, but we didn't get outplayed or anything like that. Just got beat by some top teams. Atlanta isn't a top team. Fraud.

PhillyPhreak54

StevieLeftCollege

the only game we got our ass handed to us in the past few years was the colts game.

MURP

Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on September 12, 2005, 04:59:43 PM
the only game we got our ass handed to us in the past few years was the colts game.

forgetting the Steelers game last year? or the first 2 games of the 2003 season?

StevieLeftCollege

Quote from: MURP on September 12, 2005, 05:08:35 PM
Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on September 12, 2005, 04:59:43 PM

forgetting the Steelers game last year? or the first 2 games of the 2003 season?
:-D

i like to block out that kind of stuff.

1st 2 games of 03?  the bucs and pats loses?  the bucs lose was alot bs catches.  jervicus did some amazing shtein....ill give you the pats.

jeffreyjpa

Quote from: DonovanTheMessiah on September 12, 2005, 04:13:50 PM
Quote from: jeffreyjpa on September 11, 2005, 11:13:19 AM
Is Cuz's book out yet? I'd like to pick that one up, as well...I enjoy his writing.

RE: the season record, Macnow was predicting a loss on MNF to the Falcons, to start the season. He believes the Eagles are the better team, but pointed out that the Eagles don't always come out strong from the gate, and that the schedule makers weren't kind to the Eagles by putting them on the road on MNF against a team with a revenge factor.

I don't get that, it's not true.

2000 - whupped up on the cowboys
2001 - lost by 3 points to a team that went 14-2 that season
2002 - lost by 3 points after dominating the first half of the game.
2003 - Only game we've stunk up the joint
2004 - killed the Giants

We may have lost some games, but we didn't get outplayed or anything like that. Just got beat by some top teams. Atlanta isn't a top team. Fraud.

Say what you want, but Reid is now 2-5 in season openers...Macnow didn't say they get killed in openers, just that they don't typically come out fast and win first games. Andy's a great coach, but his teams do not always come out strong from the gate...last night's game was sloppy with a lot of mistakes and missed opportunities, which are typically indicative of either lack of focus or lack of preparation for a team as talented as the Eagles. It kind of fooled me, because the first team offense looked sharp in the preseason.

Hopefully, they kick the snot out of the Niners on Sunday, and we can all put this memory behind us.

WEST is GOD

A win vs the Niners won't put this loss behind me the way I am. It's the Niners. We're expected to crush them. I won't rest until we get revenge on the Falcons. Which will be in the playoffs. In a weird way I hope we play them in the Georgia Dome again. I want the Eagles to show them who the better team is, even in that stupid dome.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

jeffreyjpa

Quote from: Avenger on September 13, 2005, 07:24:35 PM
A win vs the Niners won't put this loss behind me the way I am. It's the Niners. We're expected to crush them. I won't rest until we get revenge on the Falcons. Which will be in the playoffs. In a weird way I hope we play them in the Georgia Dome again. I want the Eagles to show them who the better team is, even in that stupid dome.

As a season ticket holder, I hope we play them again, but at the Linc.

I'm not that concerned about this game, just yet...even as poorly as the Eagles played--and, I think the Falcons were at their best--they were two missed FGs or one long completion away from winning last night. The Falcons treated this like a playoff win, you could tell by their reaction after the game. To the Eagles, it was just the first of 16 games on the way to the playoffs.

WEST is GOD

I'd probably rather play them home too, so I could be at the game, but it has nothing to do with me being scared to play them at the Georgia Dome. I know a lot of people are scared(whether those people are on this site or not), but I'm not one of them. I just have a little fire inside me that burns and wants the Eagles to go back to that dome in the playoffs and shove it up their asses. It would be more fun to play the game here, but it would be so much more satisfying there. Either way, as long as we get to the Superbowl, that's all that matters.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MURP