Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqamaxIOodc/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=2eed71f7-4e42-4597-8079-c6549f6380cd&ig_mid=DB42B292-BE4F-4291-A9AE-EAAE60C54994

I've seen all of them at one time or another, but if everyone shows up that's an insane lineup of dinosaurs. 

I'm seeing Tool for the bazillionth time in a few weeks here in Daytona.   The weather last year was atrocious but it's late spring.   Nothing you can do but cut and run when the lightning starts. 

Rome

SD

They've never had a bad show. The encore they used to go 10-15 years ago(Aenima/Schism/Lateralus) was the greatest encore in the history of music. Not sure why they don't play 7empest live. Did they tell you you could bring your camera phone out for Stinkfist?

Rome

Maynard played the entire show in drag.  Not a whole lot of instructions were given or rules followed. 

Rome

Diomedes

She looks like a Rome wet dream.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

How long until we see YouTube videos of the right shooting his cds with ar 15's?

Rome

Russian troll farms are hard at work this morning on the Bird site trying to suggest Maynard was not directing this at DeSantis.

I mean, he was seething in his contempt, got dressed up on drag, and repeatedly mocked Florida's idiotic anti-trans/drag fascism, but nope, this was not a political statement!

Rome

phattymatty

Quote from: Rome on May 22, 2023, 11:52:30 AMRussian troll farms are hard at work this morning on the Bird site trying to suggest Maynard was not directing this at DeSantis.

I mean, he was seething in his contempt, got dressed up on drag, and repeatedly mocked Florida's idiotic anti-trans/drag fascism, but nope, this was not a political statement!

Twitter was always a cesspool but my entire feed now is alt right racists or street fights. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2023, 11:56:47 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 22, 2023, 11:52:30 AMRussian troll farms are hard at work this morning on the Bird site trying to suggest Maynard was not directing this at DeSantis.

Twitter was always a cesspool but my entire feed now is alt right racists or street fights. 

i used to like it a lot but quit because of this.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 22, 2023, 06:33:21 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2023, 11:56:47 AMTwitter was always a cesspool but my entire feed now is alt right racists or street fights. 
i used to like it a lot but quit because of this.

I've heard from a few other people that they are bombarded with street fight videos too. Even if it's disgusting, at least amplifying the racist alt right accounts would make some sense. Why they are forcing street fights down everyone's throats is a mystery lol.

SD

Floor seats for Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks last night. They were both great. Only disappointment is Stevie Nicks didn't play Chain.

Diomedes

Lol

Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel "live"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Got tickets to see Steve Miller Band in December.  I've never seen him live.  Been to a million shows of every kind so it's strange that I've never seen them.  Even Mrs Rome said she saw them at The Spectrum in the early 80s.

Also - I read the set list from Billy Joel last night. Funny how the audience picked Captain Jack over New York State of Mind.  farg New York.  Lol.