The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 18, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Quote from: DH on January 18, 2013, 12:28:53 PM
buddy never won anything? interesting, who knew.

Andy Reid was a significantly more successful coach, yes or no?

On the field, yes.  In front of the microphone, no. 

General_Failure

I think Eminem made a movie about Buddy's press conference presence.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 18, 2013, 01:41:36 PM
Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 18, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Quote from: DH on January 18, 2013, 12:28:53 PM
buddy never won anything? interesting, who knew.

Andy Reid was a significantly more successful coach, yes or no?

On the field, yes.  In front of the microphone, no.

Well, at least we have our priorities straight.

ice grillin you

if you could pick one era to live thru again and you picked the reid era over the buddy era then you are a dope
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's partially because I'm so much younger than you, but color me a dope of the highest order, then.

ice grillin you

well that i can understand....im saying if you lived thru them at an age you can properly appreciate then its a no brainer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

First I want to say that the Buddy v Andy talk is really the one thing that keeps me coming back because I don't think it can ever really be discussed enough.   

While the team was less successful, I'd absolutely love to relive Buddy's 4 years on an endless loop over any 4 year period under Reid.  And that isn't just Buddy vs Reid, but Buddy's teams and players were by and large a more likable team than Reid's.

Might as well face it, the best we're gonna get is 4 years of Buddy quotes and the most punishing defense no one outside of the tri-state area remembers.  Super Bowl is the impossible dream with this franchise. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

The first year I was really excited for the Eagles season was (92/93?) when they were favored to win it all, then Randall went down early, and guys like Jeff Kemp and that Archer farg were under center after Jim McMahon also went down. Then Reggie left for Green Bay and yadda yadda.

Don Ho

1991.  Don't forget Brad Goebel and Pat Ryan under center.  That defense was off the charts.  I'll start crying if I get into more detail.  Team finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs.  Jeff Kemp actually did not play that bad.  He finished the famous "House of Pain" game in Houston that Monday night.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

that was the year 3 NFC east teams finished double digit wins

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

JackStraw

92 season wild card win over the farging saints was great, tho.
Endless regression to the mean

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on January 18, 2013, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: DH on January 18, 2013, 10:33:18 AM
ok, everyone please stop with this gus shtein. none of us had ever heard of him 2 months ago, so this hero worship is just beyond silly.

Sure, if you had asked me two months ago 'Who is Gus Bradley?' I wouldn't have known. If you had asked me 'Would you like the defensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks to coach the Eagles' defense?' the answer would have been a resounding 'farg yes'.

I would have.

He was the best man at my wedding.

BigEd76

QB Eagles

Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 18, 2013, 03:11:53 PM
The first year I was really excited for the Eagles season was (92/93?) when they were favored to win it all, then Randall went down early, and guys like Jeff Kemp and that Archer farg were under center after Jim McMahon also went down. Then Reggie left for Green Bay and yadda yadda.

Quote from: Don Ho on January 18, 2013, 04:58:28 PM
1991.  Don't forget Brad Goebel and Pat Ryan under center.  That defense was off the charts.  I'll start crying if I get into more detail.  Team finished 10-6 and missed the playoffs.  Jeff Kemp actually did not play that bad.  He finished the famous "House of Pain" game in Houston that Monday night.

Quote from: JackStraw on January 18, 2013, 06:00:05 PM
92 season wild card win over the farging saints was great, tho.

Why all the Reid vs Buddy talk when it's clear that everyone actually wants to re-live the Richie the K years?