The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 03:32:54 PM
if you dont have something nice to say about the eagles dont say anything at all

Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket. That's what we're looking for.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

I'll admit I was all on board the Gus Bradley campaign train.  "If" he turns Jacksonville around (assuming he gets that HC job) this will really sting.  Sit back and watch time.  Kelly starts drafting undersized DE's and LB's and talent challenged DB's, picks the wrong QB, doesn't recognize the fact he has one of the best running backs in the league we can start raising the white flag.  Biggest concern now is QB.  Not a whole lot out there.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 16, 2013, 03:35:02 PM
Like most have already said, it seems to me that this will turn out to be at best mediocre, at worst a disaster.  Basically, they're replacing Andy Reid with... Andy Reid Lite.

We'll have to see how it turns out, but right now it's my stomach that's turning.

I actually think this is a high ceiling, disastrous floor type move.  I would be surprised if mediocrity resulted.  Kelly, to me, will either be able to successfully transition and the team will be good in a year or two, or, it will be a disaster.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 16, 2013, 05:08:32 PM
Like most have already said, it seems to me that this will turn out to be at best mediocre, at worst a disaster.  Basically, they're replacing Andy Reid with... Andy Reid Lite.

We'll have to see how it turns out, but right now it's my stomach that's turning.

I actually think this is a high ceiling, disastrous floor type move.  I would be surprised if mediocrity resulted.  Kelly, to me, will either be able to successfully transition and the team will be good in a year or two, or, it will be a disaster.

I can buy into that.  There's really no middle ground here.  It's either 12-4 or 4-12 but not much in between.

Don Ho

C'mon Sarge, you're feeling a couple 7-9's here.  Admit it.

This team ain't doing shtein until it gets a QB.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

if you dont have something nice to say about the eagles dont say anything at all

cant wait for homer romey to come in here and flip out at all the chip hate

I'm not happy about hiring him at all.  I preferred Bradley but the reality is what I wanted or what you or anyone else wanted is absolutely irrelevant.

I want a Super Bowl.  If Chip Kelly wins one I'll be the happiest guy in the world. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 16, 2013, 05:09:54 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 16, 2013, 05:08:32 PM

I can buy into that.  There's really no middle ground here.  It's either 12-4 or 4-12 but not much in between.

only one college coach ever has jumped to the pros and been successful....jimmy johnson....so id say chip kellys ceiling is about as low as you can get...its about the culture shock that comes with coaching professional football...handling pro personalities....gaining respect....working with a front office...being able to run an nfl practice....managing an offseason program....big time media...ect....its completely overwhelming and and its something 99% of college coaches arent ready for

and thats before you know if the coaches system and philosophies will even work in the league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on January 16, 2013, 05:25:56 PM

cant wait for homer romey to come in here and flip out at all the chip hate

I'm not happy about hiring him at all.  I preferred Bradley but the reality is what I wanted or what you or anyone else wanted is absolutely irrelevant.

I want a Super Bowl.  If Chip Kelly wins one I'll be the happiest guy in the world.

If he wins one and you're not happy, I'm gonna be really pissed.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

methdeez

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 07:51:42 PM
only one college coach ever has jumped to the pros and been successful.
Harbaugh, Jim.
25-8-1. On his way to the NFC Championship this week.

ice grillin you

Quote from: methdeez on January 17, 2013, 02:02:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 07:51:42 PM
only one college coach ever has jumped to the pros and been successful.
Harbaugh, Jim.
25-8-1. On his way to the NFC Championship this week.

had prior nfl coaching experience

next?

methdeez

Pete Carroll I guess. Does one year count?

ice grillin you

Quote from: methdeez on January 17, 2013, 02:08:07 PM
Pete Carroll I guess. Does one year count?

pete carroll was a head coach in the nfl before

General_Failure

IGY's going with the Not One Drop rule for NFL coaching experience. Get it together, guys.

The man. The myth. The legend.