The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

He at least had the good sense to run the ball, so there's that.

My thinking is the Eagles are going to suck with Howie regardless, so our suffering means the rest of the NFL won't have to listen to him announce games.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

As far as announcers go, his replacement will likely be worse.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on January 15, 2013, 02:25:11 AMdude made his nut with moss/carter/robert smith and randall. a lot of people would have looked good with that. then he goes to bodymore, sans talent, and his offenses stink. and its not like hes got a ton of talent to deal with here. pass.

The Eagles have plenty of talent on offense, it's just wasted because the QB and most of the O-line sucks.

Anyway I'm not going to stress out about who gets chosen for OC when we've just gone through a decade of the combo of 5-27 Mornhinweg and in-game Andy calling the plays.

Also I'm not sure what people's expectations are for the beginning of a multiyear rebuild, but this team wouldn't win 8 games next year with Belichick coaching. The current roster is not going to look much like the next winning roster.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Except for PIMP who is beyond reproach because he keeps it real.

ice grillin you

per a sd radio station gus has accepted the eagles job and it will be announced when contract details are ironed out which is happening now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Yup.. Just gonna say its on CB too. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Good. Probably the best of mediocre options. It'll be interesting to see how the O Coordinator thing shakes out.

Butchers Bill

Anyone else get a sinking feeling we are in for Buddy part Duex with Bradley? 

Angry/Firey DC willing to drop the F bomb...

Will be a fan favorite...

Won't win a playoff game...
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

damn and i thought i was negative

fyi if bradley becomes buddy then it would be pretty much a dream come true hire

Butchers Bill

Wasn't going for negative but I see how that would be seen.

Hey, I live in Portland now and haven't seen the sun in 6 weeks.  Could be seasonal depression.   :-D
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

must be....dook hasnt even signed his name to a deal and the ship is already sinking and has no chance to ever even win a single playoff game...thats some dark suicidal type shtein

reese125

there is not one coach out there where you wouldnt have some kind of negative feeling because the lack of talent brings out those feelings. had this team been a little above average in talent a specific hire becomes way more important.

but bradley will do. just because dude freaks out on the sidelines doesnt mean he can be a head coach. he might get respect from his players by doing so or they might tune him out who knows. either way he has fire and that alone right there brings hope and is what this team and fans need in the worst way.

ice grillin you

gus flight on its way to the belly of the neast (flight courtesy of jeffy)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA922

Tomahawk

Quote from: Butchers Bill on January 15, 2013, 12:16:11 PM
Wasn't going for negative but I see how that would be seen.

Hey, I live in Portland now and haven't seen the sun in 6 weeks.  Could be seasonal depression.   :-D

It's called Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) and is no joke. Shawn Andrews probably wrote a song about it.

BigEd76

Eskin says Gus is already in town meeting with the team.  So much for the flight tracker