The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I hope someone lets us know when he IS at the Novacare Center tomorrow morning.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i cant imagine banner will let kelly go without a deal.....but the funny thing is the eagles arent even that interested in him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

So does anyone here actually have a preference who winds up the HC? Or at least likes some candidates more than others?

SD

QB Eagles

Quote from: Dillen on January 04, 2013, 06:47:05 PM
So does anyone here actually have a preference who winds up the HC? Or at least likes some candidates more than others?

I'm only upset if it's a known quantity, and the quantity sucks. Like Chan Gailey or Norv Turner. Highly doubt the Birds would do that though, they have more pride than that.

Beyond that it's a crapshoot. It'd be cool to have a coach who shows some emotion after all the years with Andy, but that's neither necessary nor sufficient.

Also: Next coach is probably gonna suck, that's just the odds.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 04, 2013, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: Dillen on January 04, 2013, 06:47:05 PM

I'm only upset if it's a known quantity, and the quantity sucks. Like Chan Gailey or Norv Turner. Highly doubt the Birds would do that though, they have more pride than that.

Beyond that it's a crapshoot. It'd be cool to have a coach who shows some emotion after all the years with Andy, but that's neither necessary nor sufficient.

Also: Next coach is probably gonna suck, that's just the odds.

i agree with all of this but i want the coach to have melanin

altho i like gus bradley

QB Eagles

Also I'm not sold on Arians. He's flavor of the month because of the Colts storybook year. I'm in Pittsburgh. He sucked with the Steelers and is hated here.

ice grillin you

also to old....arians is maybe a guy thats gets promoted from oc to hc of an already contending team....hes not a guy to start fresh with a rebuilding franchise

also hes has to have better things to do than work for howie roseman

Don Ho

Last two posts are right on.  Arians, great story, good for him and how he held the Colts together but no thanks as head coach.

I'm hoping for McCoy.  Don't know much about Gus Bradley other than he's had some damn good defenses in Seattle the past few seasons.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

None of the discussed candidates really pumps my nads. I'm glad to see Kelly go to Cleveland, I REALLY though he'd be the next Eagles coach. I want Cowher but that isn't happening. My #1 guy was O'brien, but I'm glad he stayed at PSU.

Out of the guys discussed I guess I'd go Bradley then Mccoy.

ice grillin you

1. mel tucker
2. keith armstrong
3. gus bradley

but yeah not excited about anyone

Diomedes

I honestly have no idea who those people are.  Or much of anyone who's being discussed.

Mike Nolan cause he wore those suits and ...Arians rings a bell ... yeah.   Don't know all these other names people are arguing about.

I'm just happy as hell it's not Andy farging Reid.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i didnt know who half of them were until about five minutes ago

SD

Armstrong grew up in Levittown...no shtein.

SD

For whatever reason I have this feeling they're going to pull a candidate out of nowhere. They'll interview all these coordinators then they'll go and hire someone from left field like George Seifert.