The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on February 10, 2023, 03:50:02 PM
Imagine getting your sports news from television in the year 2023.

you spelled barstool wrong
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Those guys that make Pink Whitney?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Celtics are missing just about everyone and they laid down 35 in the 1Q in Milwaukee.

Mike Muscala of all people with 10

PhillyPhreak54

Celtics took this to OT

But Jrue has taken over. Wow

PhillyPhreak54

The All Star game is a garbage product

Don Ho

Makes me think of the numbnut fans back in the day at the Pro Bowl getting all lathered up over a meaningless exhibition chanting 'NFC NFC' or 'AFC AFC', damn it was brutal.  The clown throwing buckets full of confetti into the audience at the circus was more entertaining than watching that garbage.  I celebrated when they pulled the game from Hawaii.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

I love nba all star weekend and the game.   

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 19, 2023, 11:15:50 PM

why do people continue to complain about something that doesnt matter and isnt for them...the ASG is a giant party the league throws itself. its so easy to just not watch it.

we all get to see the best players every second of every day. when ASG's first started, we didnt. so it was cool! look all the stars are there on my teevee wowie. now you can watch a live game while taking a dump. and all star games have devolved into corporate jerkmeoffs with a game that the players dont want to be in.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

nah they don't want to look dumb missing a dunk or in the dorky skills comp but they all want to be in the actual game.  they just don't want to play hard. 

unless you're jojo who said he might be too injured to play then goes out and leads his team in minutes lol.  that mentality is partly why we all love him and partly why he's hurt so much. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on February 20, 2023, 12:49:22 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 19, 2023, 11:15:50 PM

why do people continue to complain about something that doesnt matter and isnt for them...the ASG is a giant party the league throws itself. its so easy to just not watch it.

we all get to see the best players every second of every day. when ASG's first started, we didnt. so it was cool! look all the stars are there on my teevee wowie. now you can watch a live game while taking a dump. and all star games have devolved into corporate jerkmeoffs with a game that the players dont want to be in.

Kobe said it best - fans don't want to see that crap they have now. They want to see the best players in the world play a pick up game. Showcase the raw basketball skills.

MDS

theyre too afraid to do it but a 3 on 3 mini tourney would be more fun...or farg get 20 players and run 5's and do a round robin thing. let the guys squad up on their own to make it more interesting
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

LOL.  I almost feel bad for him but he's such a douche.