farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Emmitt Smith joins ESPN's pregame show!

Is there some rule I'm unaware of that says that ex-CowRomes have to be a part of every NFL-related broadcast?

Christ.  Now we'll have to listen not only to Parcells but also Mr. Twinkle Toes too.

Yippee.

:puke

PhillyPhreak54

Emmitt is a mush mouth on TV. He was brutal on the NFL Network.

However, he is better than Irvin.

Maybe they should hire Mark Stepnoski as an analyst. He'll be high the entire time.

Seabiscuit36

Emmit and Faulk were horrible.  Great to see the execs thought so  :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Gotta fill the black quota.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Are you suggesting Chris Berman isn't a brother?  Because if so, that's just crazy talk.

MDS

"You're with me leather."

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Sort of odd report:
QuoteCowboys | J. Jones available at the right price
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:16:05 -0800

Paul Domowitch, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Julius Jones is available for the right price, but the team is not actively shopping him.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I've read that from multiple sources.  Jones is a decent player, but he's not exactly a good complement to Westbrook.  Frankly, the Giants probably should have made a play for him instead of getting Droughns.

General_Failure

The Pats will pick him up for a 6th rounder in '08.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

He was being shopped during the draft last year too, I believe. He was not a favorite of Parcells. I'd take him here in a second.

dis12

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 13, 2007, 02:39:52 PM
He was being shopped during the draft last year too, I believe. He was not a favorite of Parcells. I'd take him here in a second.
agreed.  but that might piss off Westy....assuming he's as sensitive as #5.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 13, 2007, 02:39:52 PM

Westbrook, Jones, and Moats... lightning, lightning, and...  :-D

SD_Eagle5

QuotePLAYMAKER SUED FOR ASSAULT

Another Hall of Famer is in trouble with the law, albeit not within the confines of the criminal justice system.

According to the Dallas Morning News and WFAA-TV, former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin has been sued for allegedly assaulting a contractor who was installing a fountain at Irvin's home.

Shawn Vandergrift claims that Irvin "yelled at him and grabbed him during a December dispute over a final payment for the construction work."

Irvin was dumped earlier this year by ESPN. Regardless of whether the current allegations are true, it's yet another example of the cloud of controversy that periodically finds -- and engulfs -- Irvin. And it likely makes ESPN feel even better about the decision to move on. (Or move out.)

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews