farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

that last quote block sounds like internet bull to me. just stirring the pot

what smart player would have the audacity to say that knowing the comotion it would stir if TO finds out, and bring the team down? I highly doubt the player said, "keep my name anonymous please", and the reporter obliged

bobbyinlondon

From http://www.mySA.com--the San Antonio paper)--courtesy of http://www.theredzone.com

practice

Web Posted: 08/18/2006 01:27 AM CDT

Tom Orsborn
Express-News Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells dismissed an SI.com report Thursday that suggested he ordered the team's head trainer to have receiver Terrell Owens ready for practice Wednesday.

advertisement

"Why would I ever do that?" Parcells said, referring to his alleged conversation with trainer Jim Maurer. "Demanded?"

The story, written by Michael Silver, said Parcells told Maurer on Tuesday, "Look, you tell Terrell that tomorrow I want him out here for practice. Tomorrow's the day. I don't care. Tomorrow's the day."

The story also suggested that the team's other players were starting to wonder whether Parcells had any control over Owens, who missed 14 consecutive practices with a sore left hamstring before he returned to the field Wednesday.

"Before T.O. got back out there, a lot of people were starting to second-guess Bill," Silver quoted one player as saying. "For the first time ever, he'd shown a little weakness, like he might not be totally in control and like he didn't know how to handle the situation. Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far."

When asked about Silver's story, Parcells questioned whether SI.com was "credible."

According to the story, the Cowboys player said Owens' injury had become a distraction to the rest of the team.

"The guy come out last every single practice, has somebody carrying his helmet and is always putting on his uniform at the last minute, and then he's out there riding the (stationary) bike and drawing attention to himself," the story quoted the player as saying. "Even if he's not trying to be a deterrent – and he clearly is — it's obvious that (Parcells) isn't happy.

"The bottom line is (Owens) appeared to be healthy and wasn't practicing. So we'd sit and wonder, 'Who's gonna win? How's it gonna go down?' "

The Cowboys are scheduled to break camp Sunday in Oxnard, Calif., and fly to Shreveport, La., where they play New Orleans in a nationally televised preseason game on Monday night.

It is not known yet whether Owens will play.

The Cowboys signed Owens in March to a three-year contract that guarantees him $10 million this season. The signing came just days after the Philadelphia Eagles released him.

The Eagles suspended Owens at mid-season last year for conduct detrimental to the team.

The Cowboys open the regular season on Sept. 10 at Jacksonville

Anyone out there still think there won't be some kind of problem in Big D this year--I am indeed "getting my popcorn".

Sgt PSN

Did anyone catch Parcells' little tirade yesterday?  He's been taking press conference classes from Allen Iverson. 

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

Even that doesn't make him happy. There's just no pleasing TO.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Feva

Nah... found it over on the EMB.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

The only time you'll see Bill's hand down TO's pants is to rip his testicles off. Bill hates queers.

and he hates Japanese people too for that matter.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

QuoteUpdated: Aug. 19, 2006, 4:40 PM ET
T.O. not ready for game action, Parcells saysAssociated Press

OXNARD, Calif. -- Terrell Owens is going to have to practice more before he plays for Bill Parcells.

Parcells said the receiver won't play in the Dallas Cowboys' second preseason game Monday night against the New Orleans Saints. Owens went through his fifth straight practice Saturday since missing 14 in a row because of hamstring problem.

"He's gotten some pretty good work in this week, and I just don't want to start over next week," Parcells said. "Hopefully, he'll get his first real game action next weekend."

Owens didn't talk to reporters after the morning practice, the first of two for the Cowboys on their final full day of workouts at their California camp.

Since returning to practice Wednesday afternoon, Owens has gone through individual and team drills. He has run routes at full speed, making hard cuts without any apparent problems.

After the team's only workout Friday, Owens said he was "a little bit sorer than usual" but was still day-to-day. He wasn't sure if he would play Monday night.

Parcells said the decision to hold Owens out was final.

"Nothing will change my mind," Parcells said. "It's the natural course of events. I don't think you can play pro football practicing four to five days. I think you need more than that."

When asked how much time Owens needed, Parcells said, "I don't know the player that well, but certainly more than what he's had so far."

Dallas has a short turnaround between its next two preseason games. With a day off after playing New Orleans, the Cowboys have only two true days of practices before playing San Francisco at home Saturday night.

Owens first felt a twinge in his hamstring Aug. 2, but an MRI taken three days later was clear. Owens flew in several doctors and trainers, plus a hyperbaric chamber, because he still didn't feel right.

During Cowboys practices, Owens became a regular on the stationary bicycle. One day last week, he wore the uniform of Discovery Channel pro cycling team -- sporting the similar blue and silver colors of the Cowboys -- to poke fun at all the time he was pedaling on the sideline.

Owens remained in California last weekend when the Cowboys played their preseason opener in Seattle. When the team returned to the practice field Monday, Owens started doing more in his rehabilitation and missed only three more sessions before finally donning the pads again and joining his teammates.

"Even with the time that I've had off, just being Lance Armstrong on the bikes over here, I feel like I've still come in and they've put me in situations where I kind of had to push myself a little bit," Owens said Friday. "My conditioning, my wind is not where it needs to be. But it's a 16-week season, so I know my conditioning will be there."

:-D

General_Failure

Hasn't even played a down for them and they're already putting him in positions. Damn them!

The man. The myth. The legend.

The BIGSTUD

QuoteT.O., TUNA WAR COMING?

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is claiming that he has re-injured his hamstring, and he is blaming it on the fact that he was rushed back to practice before he was ready, and that he got too many reps during practice.

We're told that Owens is now taking the position that he won't be playing or practicing until he concludes that he is at 100 percent, and that he's privately saying that he might not be at 100 percent until the second week of the regular season.

The Cowboys are scheduled to have a one-hour walk through on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night's game at the Saints.  But since coach Bill Parcells has said that Owens won't play on Monday night due to the 14 practices that he missed due to the hamstring injury, it's unlikely that Owens will be expected to participate.  The Cowboys are off on Tuesday, and resume practice on Wednesday.

Whether Owens is merely blowing smoke remains to be seen.  But if he decides to take a pass on practice until he believes he's back to 100 percent, the stage will be set for all-out war between T.O. and the Tuna.

Hahahaha

I love every second of this. I hope Bill kicks his ass.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

God, deja vu is a beautiful thing now

ROSENHAUS TAKES UP FOR T.O.

Want more proof that the situation between Cowboys coach Bill Parcells and receiver Terrell Owens is dangerously close to an implosion?  Look no farther than Sunday's appearance by agent Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN's SportsCenter, in which Rosenhaus gives the media a tongue lashing for putting pressure on Owens to practice while suffering from a "serious injury."

Said Rosenhaus, to Bob Ley:  "I represent approximately eighty players in the NFL, and many of them are injured and most of them don't have injuries that are as serious as Terrell's and they don't get any flak.  I think this is a non-story.  Terrell Owens has a serious injury.  He has a pulled hamstring.  He is coming off of this injury to the best of anyone's ability and I think that the pressure that has been placed on him by the media is just ridiculous.

"Let me just state it again:  He is injured.  He wants to practice.  He wants to play.   Let me remind everybody about what he did at the Super Bowl a few years ago where he came off of an injury that people thought might have been career threatening.  It's ludicrous to suspect that he's doing anything  but working at his hardest to come back.  Terrell loves to practice.  People have criticized him in the past for many things but no one has ever said that he doesn't love to work and love to practice.  He is hurt, and he's still hurt."

By focusing his attention solely on the media, Rosenhaus ignores the fact that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently urged Owens to practice at less than 100 percent.  Likewise, it's been no secret that coach Bill Parcells has been frustrated by Owens' failure to practice on a hamstring that showed no damage in an MRI.  Indeed, Mike Silver of Sports Illustrated reported last week that Owens' Wednesday return to practice was the direct result of a direct order from the Tuna to the team's trainer that Owens will be on the field the next day.

Owens then practiced on Wednesday through Saturday morning, before retreating to his stationary bike for the afternoon session.  On Saturday night, we heard that Owens is now claiming that the premature resumption of practice resulted in an aggravation of the injury, that he won't come back until he believes that he is at 100 percent, and that he might miss the first game of the regular season as he heals.

Most telling regarding his agent's comments, in our view, is the fact that Rosenhaus speaks in the present tense.  "Terrell Owens has a serious injury. . . .   He is injured."

Our take?  It's a deliberate effort by Owens, through Rosenhaus, to defuse any further criticism from the media -- or from anyone associated with the team -- when Owens fails to dress out for practice on Wednesday, the team's next scheduled practice session, and beyond.

And it's further proof that a real battle is looming between Owens and Parcells, which still could result (we believe) in Owens' name being omitted from the 53-man roster.  If the Cowboys release him before the start of the regular season, the team would avoid responsibility for $5 million in salary, which otherwise will become fully guaranteed as of September 10.

We also think that the decision of Rosenhaus to stick his nose into the situation will serve only to aggravate Parcells, and could made it easier for the Tuna to persuade Jones that the team should cut its losses by cutting T.O.

Feva

The video of Rosenhaus interview

Just click the "ESPN Motion" icon on the right.

You can almost see the slime dripping off of Rosenhaus as he speaks.  The fact that he's doing damage control for T.O. before he takes snap one for the cowboys gives me wood.  :-D

Father Demon

Quote from: reese125 on August 20, 2006, 09:51:02 PM
ROSENHAUS TAKES UP FOR T.O.

And it's further proof that a real battle is looming between Owens and Parcells, which still could result (we believe) in Owens' name being omitted from the 53-man roster.  If the Cowboys release him before the start of the regular season, the team would avoid responsibility for $5 million in salary, which otherwise will become fully guaranteed as of September 10.

GET T.O!!   I think he will have his lesson if he is released from Dallas.  He'll be som pissed at Dallas from the embarassment, just think of the numbers he'll put up for Philly against them!!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

The only thing that concerns me about all of this is that he might get himself kicked off the team before October 8th.