2009 NFL Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 22, 2009, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

I luv seeing the guy on the left wipe his forehead while he's laughing. Man, could the Raiders be any friggen' dumber?

BigEd76

There's been discussion that next year's draft will be the following:

Thursday night = round 1
Friday night = rounds 2 and 3
Saturday morning = rounds 4 through 7

yeah, keep messing around with it...

rjs246

I would be all about that. But I think I'm in the minority.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

As long as they started it early enough on that Thursday, that would be fine.

BigEd76

It would be 7:30 or 8 eastern like the NBA one.  With the format they used the last two years, the first round was done in less than 3 and a half hours...

ice grillin you

it was ruined last year when they took it off noon.....but this idea is a travesty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2009, 01:21:37 PM
it was ruined last year when they took it off noon.....but this idea is a travesty

Agreed, I love the fact that the draft is an all weekend event.  It is a great excuse to nothing except sit around and drink. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

not just the weekend but during the day...its spring time for god sakes...it used to be the ultimate weekend to get a keg open up all your windows cook out and watch the draft...all that isnt the same when it doesnt start at noon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I could almost deal with it starting on Friday night, but it still wouldn't be the same.  After my performance this year though maybe change would be good. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2009, 03:10:52 PM
not just the weekend but during the day...its spring time for god sakes...it used to be the ultimate weekend to get a keg open up all your windows cook out and watch the draft...all that isnt the same when it doesnt start at noon

"Oops, sorry, not gonna do any yard work today. Draft's on, you know how much I've been looking forward to this."

"It doesn't start until 7."

"DAMMIT!"

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

I'd rather be outside without a TV drinking during the day and inside with a TV drinking at night. This plan is the best plan ever.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2009, 01:21:37 PM

farg yeah

4 o'clock start is the worst, I can't imagine the horror of thursday and friday night drafts. I like my draft to start around noon and be an all day event. It's the one day I don't feel guilty for not doing jack shtein.

rjs246

Ah ha! We've gotten to the bottom of it. You should never EVER feel guilty about drinking all day for no reason and doing jack shtein. It's always an appropriate reaction to being awake.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

What about feeling guilty for not doing shtein all weekend?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on April 28, 2009, 04:07:16 PM
Ah ha! We've gotten to the bottom of it. You should never EVER feel guilty about drinking all day for no reason and doing jack shtein. It's always an appropriate reaction to being awake.
what a way to ring in your 11000th post... congrats
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons