The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

So I'm watching a livestream from Fergonson because I literally have nothing better to do, and this whole thing is just stupid. Protesters are limited to a sidewalk, but they have to keep moving. If they leave the sidewalk, a bunch of guys come over with guns drawn to tackle and arrest them. I assume they're police, but they're not wearing badges or name tags. One guy is in shorts and a wifebeater, but has a black vest and helmet on so I guess he's a cop. A couple blocks down they're turning on their sound cannon for funsies. One woman got arrested trying to cross the street to go home.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

The militarization of America in full effect. It is disgusting

Rome

General_Failure

Seabiscuit36

What's funny about this all, its just now echoing what the Alex Jones conspiracy theory folks when it comes to the Militarization of police forces in the US.  It's like the rest of the country is just now figuring out our govt follows everything we do electronically, and we beefed up police forces to the level of having the ability to overtake small countries.  Yup, all is well.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

This shtein stopped being about Michael Brown pretty much the minute he was shot. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

jesus, dude is holding a giant gun and look at how scared he gets after the other cop tells him to put it away and he starts walking. what a giant vagina. giant bald vagina. giant fat bald vagina.

General_Failure

You leave him alone. If it wasn't for his glandular problem he'd have been in the Army!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

So did this killer cop really have a busted orbital bone?

And if we did do we know for sure that Brown did it?

Because I would not put it past him having one of his pals wallop him a couple times to make that story work.

General_Failure

You probably don't stand around for four hours with a broken face. You maybe call for an ambulance or go to the hospital. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

Diomedes

I'll be called a racist, but I'm not down with demonizing this cop yet.  Not much is actually known.  Mobs are lousy either way, KKK or LA Riots, let's not join this one just yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger