Dead In 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2022, 09:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Ex boxing ref and tv court judge Mills Lane

More of a surprise to hear he wasn't dead already

PhillyPhreak54

Wow. Was tweeting five hours ago about the game and died

https://twitter.com/rdlewis/status/1601399736560680960 46&t=nmjR1zOGcMZEMPveEWiFzg

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Mike Leach has died

RIP to one of the best personalities in CFB

SD

Ex Nittany Lion and Mr Immaculate reception Franco Harris

PhillyPhreak54

Oh shtein

That's a bummer. They were just about to retire his number this weekend

Diomedes

His name been on a lot of lips after Chandler's INT/TD the other day.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

One of the nicest people I've ever met.  They used to film Super Teams at my school here.  ABC battle of the Network Stars sports version.  They would have the two Super Bowl teams and the two WS participants.  First year they had it was 1975 Vikings/Steelers from A's and Dodgers from WS.  Reggie Jackson, Garvey, Ron Cey, Tommy John, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Alan Page, etc. walking around our athletic complex.  Unbelievable. Franco Harris was the nicest guy.  Signed autographs, would talk to everyone.  Different world as all the athletes were amazingly friendly and so approachable.  Of course 1980 - Eagles and Phillies are here but my school was building a whole new athletic comples so moved to another school.

30+ years later my boss was good friends with Franco and he'd stop by the office a lot as he was in Hawaii quite a bit and was the salt of the earth.  Just a great human.  Was fortunate to have had been invited to a few dinners with him. He knew I was a birds fan and said he always had a soft spot as he is from Mount Holly area.  People ain't BSing about him being a genuine, nice person.

RIP
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Good stuff Don. He did seem like a genuinely nice person.

Geowhizzer

Two ex-Phils this month:

Curt Simmons, the last surviving member of the 1950 Whiz Kids, 93.

https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1602720713647001602

Denny Doyle, 1970-1973 Phils, 78.

https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1605655071244419077

PhillyPhreak54

Barbara Walters dead at 93

General_Failure

More importantly, Home Shopping Network salesman and wrestling commentator Don West, dead at 59 from lymphoma.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on December 30, 2022, 10:20:54 PM
More importantly, Home Shopping Network salesman and wrestling commentator Don West, dead at 59 from lymphoma.

He was only 59?

Mds will be crushed. This was his hero

Diomedes

lol

Jared Kushner his down low hero