Week 3 - Lions: Everyone Is Injured

Started by MDS, September 16, 2019, 12:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I don't have any faith in Carson with the game on the line.  Warranted or not, I just don't.  4th and long he throws to a covered Agholor.  4th and 5 he throws a jump ball to a 5'6 RB when Agholor was wide open 20 yards downfield. 

Now, this is two weeks in a row he made game winning deep passes which were dropped, and I concede I'm probably being irrational, but he seems panicky late to me and either throws checkdowns or 50 yard jump balls.   I'm waiting for the GWD filled with 10-20 yard passes. 

Carson wasn't the problem today.  And he's a good qb, and the above is probably dumb, but it's how I feel when the eagles get the ball with 2 mins left needing a drive.

SD

I'll reserve judgement on Wentz until mid season

They need a 3rd down edge rusher bad. As good as Schwartz was at disguising his blitzes last week (although I think it was really the amount that took the Falcons off guard more so than the schemes) they were god awful this week. Their overloads were shooting the same gaps at times

Tackling was absolutely horrendous

Way too many miscues in coverage

Sanders is a project running back. He would have been fine as a 4th round pick but he's not polished enough to be taken in the 2nd. He doesn't read blocks and he's not big/fast/quick enough to rely on his talent at this point.

Not much else to be said, sloppy game.

I truly believe they can beat the Packers in Lambeau if they cut down on the stupidity

Geowhizzer

That's a lot of stupidity to cut down on. 
- Wentz needs to see the play better... faster... whatever it is, it needs to be improved.
- The defense, at all levels, has been mediocre at best.
- The coaching decisions have been rather predictable.
- Those drops and turnovers.

Unfortunately, I think they enter my three-day weekend (Shalom, Todd!) at 1-3.

General_Failure

Nick Foles wouldn't have let this shtein happen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

its actually pretty amazing they scored as many pts as they did with the trash they were running out there at the skill positions

as predicted in the summer the pass rush will be/is the downfall of the team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Barnett is slowly morphing into "one of those picks".  Undersized, injured, bonehead penalties, OK player not great.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

He's always been that, Don. 

Also - for some reason I rewatched that slop again.  Couldn't sleep so why not, right?  That was as ugly a self-inflicted loss as I can remember from this squad.  Why does it seem that every time the Eagles score the defense has to immediately give one right back?   I mean I know they don't but it just feels that way.   

Whatever, though.  Being a Philly fan is just farging exhausting. 

Don Ho

It is exhausting.  I'm finally headed to bed and after listening to the talking heads and watching replays why is Jordon Howard not the feature back.  Sanders will hopefully one day soon become a good running back but he was so slow to hit a lot of the holes that they did create for him then you see Howard carrying people 3, 4, 5 yards as he's powering his way forward.  Puzzling.

I still can't get over there the three offensive pass interference calls and all the drops.  Absolutely mind boggling and disturbing. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

It was just an ugly game all around.  It's ironic that it came against Stafford, though.  Wentz has that sort of career trajectory staring him in the face right now unless he learns to perform when it matters most.  That's two straight where he's had the ball in his hands with a chance to win it and come up empty. 

I'm not panicking but...

MDS

you can yell about the pass rush (it sucks!) but the defense as a whole gave up 20 points and 6 were off turnovers. SU they gave up 2 touchdowns. this is not bad at all in 2019 nfl.

the eagles are paying carson wentz to be a franchise qb, not lose at home to matthew farging stafford. donovan lost playoff games at home to brad johnson and jake delhomme. could we be in for another decade of this crap.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Donovan was a bitch.  Wentz is a loony bible thumper but I don't get the victim vibe from him whatsoever.  He had three guys to throw to yesterday who are at best fourth receivers on a good team.  You can't win with that garbage. 

You can steal a game here or there but you just can't be great.  He's got the physical tools but does he have them between his ears?  Time will tell.

phattymatty

not even sure why wentz is being mentioned here.  he's way down the list of reasons why they lost.  he missed a few open guys but had a pretty good game overall.  there was one play i remember in the 4th quarter where the lions only rushed three guys, and yet somehow the entire eagles line was just standing around while 2 of the 3 lions took carson down.

Munson

Wasn't there a play last week they only had 10 men out there for?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds