The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Of course not, these gazillionares are all heart.

Live Like Zion!! 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Don Ho

Oh My God!

If we assume that the Sixers' at-will payroll is, at most, $35 million annually, then reducing that total by 20% would mean a savings of, at most, $7 million. According to the team, the reductions will begin on April 15 and run through June 30, for a total of 10 weeks of pay, or 20% of the year. Which would mean that the actual cost savings is 20% of $7 million, or $1.4 million.

Now, let's pause for a moment to let that number sink in.

$1.4 million.

That's roughly the amount the Sixers would pay Al Horford for four games. It's less than twice the amount that they will have paid Trey Burke not to play for them by the end of the regular season. It's roughly 1/15th of the amount that they spent this offseason on a new scoreboard.

I spit up my pineapple juice when I read the Al Horford part.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

you can put it in much more draw dropping perspective than that because very few people comprehend how much a billion dollars is

so the sixers top three stakeholders are worth 10 billion

the sixers have under 400 employees but let's be nice and raise it up to an even 400

they could pay each of those employees ten thousand dollars a month for the next twenty years and it wouldn't equal ONE billion dollars

and that isn't counting profit for those stakeholders over those twenty years or counting the 9 other stakeholders in the team

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The epitome of greed right there.

Josh Harris and Scott O'Neil can get farged

ice grillin you

I'll give O'Neil credit in that he came and pretty loudly said they farged up big

MDS

is there a bigger water carrier for anything than you for the sixers

this includes me for tv ratings
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I despise their front office but show me a corporation who has had that forceful of an apologetic blame taking after something like that and immediately

MDS

the fact that the thought entered their ghoulish brains tells you everything you need to know about them

its not dan snyder but its close
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I understand you are entrenched in hot take fake outrage culture but not everything has to be the best or worst...try bringing some nuance into things...you will live a much happier life

phattymatty

top 5 apology all time?

ice grillin you

i dont think there have even been five so yes

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2020, 12:25:15 AM
I understand you are entrenched in hot take fake outrage culture but not everything has to be the best or worst...try bringing some nuance into things...you will live a much happier life

whats the nuance in some rich icehole screwing over working people to try to save a few pennies. then releasing some bullshtein whoopsie statement.

your real character shows during times like this and the real character of the owner of the sixers is to be a bottomless, soulless pit of money. maybe he should buy an nfl team or work for the ncaa.

General_Failure

He can't afford an NFL team if he has to keep paying these freeloaders.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

jojo not getting enough credit for this.  his 500K donation statement was a huge FU to josh harris. baller move.  been a rough few months in my head but i'm back to loving him.