2005 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 20, 2005, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: phattymatty on January 15, 2006, 08:11:01 AM
This is a great thread over on extremeskins.

QuoteWho Else Cried?

I balled tonight. I was able to take with my girlfriend until late night. But then I broke down like a little boy and cried in front of her. I don't care. Who else is with me?

Cried?

:-D

Larry

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2006, 08:06:25 PM
cap room is irreleveant to the skins...theyve been in 'cap hell' since 1998...when i see proof that they are indeed in cap trouble i will then believe it

That's because they've stunk over the years.  They had no problems letting guys like Stephen Davis, Trotter, Coles, Bailey, and others go because "they were losing with them, may as well lose without them".

But now since they've posted this winning record, they'll try to keep those guys that helped them win.  I believe with their tenuous cap situation, they'll have problems keeping the core.

Then there are always the unforseen events....

They signed Moss, their offensive MVP, to a modest contract...$5m SB.  Compared to the overpaid Portis, Samuels, Arrington, and even Brunell, his money is piddling.  Will he want to renegotiate? (Please tell me Rosenhaus is his agent).

Cooley makes about 200k a year.  Think he may want a pay hike?

And Sean Taylor, who was supposed to join Owens and Javon Walker in the Rosenhaus' holdout express, has wanted a new deal even since he discovered Winslow signed for more money.  He would've held out last season had his ass not been arrested..  He'll either a) ask for a raise, or b) be in jail.

Then there's the LaVar situation...Can they afford to even cut him?

The Skins were built for short-term windows.  I think theirs has closed.

More Mahe please.

ice grillin you

They had no problems letting guys like Stephen Davis, Trotter, Coles, Bailey, and others go because "they were losing with them

they didnt just let these guys go because of money they replaced them with newer and better parts

baily for portis to replace davis

coles for moss

trotter they signed for huge money and then let go because he sucked and antonio pierce was a better player sitting behind him

never have the skins been in a position where they couldnt keep good players and at the same time were unable to go out and replace them with another good player

guaranteed somehow with less money they will be more active in free agency this year than the eagles

my point is none of this matters if they dont have a qb and i dont think they will until and if campbell pans out in about three years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

From Art's playground...

QuoteI loathe statements like this without some careful consideration as to why the last few games Brunell has seemed anything less than extraordinary. Anyone who follows the team can make the logical correlation that the injury to Randy Thomas and the subsequent adjustments that were required to already thin reserves was a prime reason for his recent struggles. Let's factor in aggressive defenses from not one, but two very good defensive playoff teams. If a Hall of Fame coach has faith in Mark Brunell, then don't you owe it to yourself as a loyal fan to trust that he's got the player who best gives us a chance to win on the field?  :-D :-D :-D  11 games up, 7 games down.

Get off the bandwagon of revellers who are calling for Brunell's head. This is a team sport where the actions of 11 players have to operate as one, synergous unit. For my money, Mark Brunell more than answered the call for his part.

I absolutely love Extremeskins.com.  I'm hungover and felt like shtein, but sure enough, I go over there and read something like this and just started laughing hysterically.

Just awesome.   :yay

fansince61

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 15, 2006, 12:16:00 PM
From Art's playground...

QuoteI loathe statements like this without some careful consideration as to why the last few games Brunell has seemed anything less than extraordinary. Anyone who follows the team can make the logical correlation that the injury to Randy Thomas and the subsequent adjustments that were required to already thin reserves was a prime reason for his recent struggles. Let's factor in aggressive defenses from not one, but two very good defensive playoff teams. If a Hall of Fame coach has faith in Mark Brunell, then don't you owe it to yourself as a loyal fan to trust that he's got the player who best gives us a chance to win on the field?  :-D :-D :-D  11 games up, 7 games down.

Get off the bandwagon of revellers who are calling for Brunell's head. This is a team sport where the actions of 11 players have to operate as one, synergous unit. For my money, Mark Brunell more than answered the call for his part.

I absolutely love Extremeskins.com.  I'm hungover and felt like shtein, but sure enough, I go over there and read something like this and just started laughing hysterically.

Just awesome.   :yay

If you truly "undertsand" this guy then you know we have to pass more than 53 times/game :-D

rjs246

I'm still walking around with a chubby thinking about the Skins losing yesterday and their delusional fans crying into their beer like a bunch of bitches.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

The highlight of that game for me was the "human water fountain" trying to drop the boom on DJax on the sideline and laying himself out.  :-D

I was screaming for DJax to get up, look down... and spit on his ass.  >:D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone seen Bigskinbauer, skin48, qwert or my buddy Twat lately?

General_Failure

Can't imagine where they could be. Probably church.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteHey all.

It was great to see everyone out at the game yesterday. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the tailgate. Thanks to Mark and everyone else for arranging things.

I want to personally apologize for the wanna-be-Philadelphia-no-class-Seahawks-fans that turned out yesterday. Those of you that were there remember the smoke bomb that was thrown at us, hitting Park City Skins on the leg and gassing our fans with Chris Cooley's parents in attendance. I had several things thrown at me, as did several other people.

I expected the Seattle crowd to be rowdy, but many things yesterday were unexcusable. It makes me remember why I'm a taterskins fan in the first place: We have class. Our owner owns his own stadium. Our fans are passionate, but FedEx is a safe place for adults, kids and the elderly. We've "been there" and we know how to act.

Humble success is always the best revenge. Thank you, Joe Gibbs, for bringing us this far. Hail to the taterskins forever, and may Seahawks fans get what they ultimately deserve.

Yeah, nothing ever happens at FedEx.

Police don't shoot off OC spray in the crowd. No fights ever happen. It is a goddamn utopia there in good ol' FedEx. :-D

Beermonkey

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 15, 2006, 06:57:36 PMYeah, nothing ever happens at FedEx.

Police don't shoot off OC spray in the crowd. No fights ever happen. It is a goddamn utopia there in good ol' FedEx. :-D

There were a few skin fan tailgates at the last game there was actually one group that had a checkered tablecloth, bottle of wine & cheese tray and looked positively aghast at the surroundings. :-[

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

You should've mooned 'em just for the helluva it.

qwert246

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 15, 2006, 04:35:51 PM
Anyone seen Bigskinbauer, skin48, qwert or my buddy Twat lately?
Depressed the team I follow couldn't show up on offense.  Besides, there's nothing to say.  The team had a great run to end the season.  6 in a row including a wildcard win.

But seriously, the Eagles have nothing to be ashamed of after Saturdays game.  They should hold their heads high after a fine, fine season. :P

MURP