farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone watch the game tonight?

The Titans punter smacked one off of Jerrah's HDTV. And in pre-game he asked the punters to not hit his scoreboard.

I heard an interesting story today about the stadium...

My company recently hired a new guy. He worked for one of our competitors who are based out of Oklahoma. The owner of that company flew down to Dallas to buy some seats for the purpose of giving out tickets to corporate clients. Except he didn't just buy seats.

Apparently they offer a package that allows you to fly on the team plane and stay in the team hotel for one game a year. In order to buy that package you have to buy the seat license and agree to buy the tickets for the seats you choose for EVERY EVENT at the stadium for 30 years. Not just the Cowboys, but the Super Bowl, concerts, college football, etc.

The seat license cost for 4 seats along the entrance tunnel? $600,000. That's not including the cost of the 4 tickets to each game and event for the next 30.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2009, 01:51:33 AMThe Titans punter smacked one off of Jerrah's HDTV. And in pre-game he asked the punters to not hit his scoreboard.

Both of Tennessee's punters hit it several times during the pregame, but Jerrah refuses to move the screens

General_Failure

Oh man, I hope punters don't kick too hard so they can avoid hitting the giant screens.

And really, could they have tried harder to move the seats away from the field? The Linc looks like a hockey arena in comparison.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

LMAO, here's more:

Jerruh pwned by visiting second string punter
(hey, what do you want for $1.2 billion, intelligence over ostentation?)

QuoteJerry Jones doesn't want to move video board
Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2009 9:23 AM ET
So with a rookie slappy punter who'll undoubtedly be pumping gas in South Carolina this time next month able to send a kicked ball into the floating, four-sided drive-in movie screen at Cowboys Stadium, owner Jerry Jones will order the thing to be moved higher from the stadium floor, right?

Wrong.

"You don't need to move it," Jones said after Friday night's game between the Cowboys and the Titans, according to Paul Kuharsky and Matt Mosley of ESPN.com.  "You gotta be trying to do it.  The rule is very clear.  You just kick it over."

Titans coach Jeff Fisher, co-chair of the league's Competition Committee, doesn't agree.

"It's an issue, yeah," Fisher said.  "I'm sure the Cowboys or the league will tell you, I shouldn't have to throw a flag out there because [the officiating crew] didn't see the ball hit the scoreboard.  Now, it's not necessarily their responsibility.  Once a fair catch signal is given, then there are no eyes on the ball anymore.  So they don't see it.  So something has to get worked out.  It can become a problem."

Per ESPN.com, rookie punter A.J. Trapasso and veteran Craig Hentrich struck the video board repeatedly during pre-game warmups.

"I hit it probably a dozen times in pregame," Hentrich said.  "Probably somewhere around a five-second punt is going to hit it and some of the guys in the league wouldn't be able to punt here if it's not raised, they'd just be non-stop hitting it.  I don't know what the people were thinking.  I guess they should have tested things out before they put that thing in place.  It'll have to be raised."[b/]

DH

That place isn't a stadium - its a theater. I feel like being there would feel like you were watching the game in some big ass auditorium.

Dallas Sucks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 22, 2009, 03:24:52 PM
That place isn't a stadium - its a theater. I feel like being there would feel like you were watching the game in some big ass auditorium.

absolutely....this is what i was saying....but its still cool....one of those places youd love to visit but wouldnt want live at
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Its the kind of place they would build in Missouri, if Missourians had a douchier personality.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

It's the megachurch of stadiums.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 22, 2009, 06:29:57 PM
It's the megachurch of stadiums.

that's how i thought of it.  it's like one of those giant evangelical churches that they broadcast jesus from on the tv. 

Eagaholic

it's just a more grandiose toilet than the last one

didn't they used to say they left the stadium top open so God could take a dump in, or something?

edit
Quotethe cost of moving the monstrous, four-sided drive-in movie screen out of the path of punted footballs will be "at least $2 million

...Per Mort, it's Jones' position that the video board was constructed in accordance with "league specifications," and Jones has "no intentions of raising it to a higher level." 
I don't know why I find that hard to believe, that it was league specs. They need to get that construction group from Allentown which built the collapsible practice facility back and raise the screen. It would be a spectacular event if they were all hard core Eagles fans.

QB Eagles

I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Jerry to swear up and down that punts won't hit that thing, and then in the home opener the Dallas punter kicks one right into the HD screen and that whole shtein comes crashing down onto the field.

QuotePereira said it's entirely possible that a team trying to protect a lead could run time off the clock by intentionally punting the ball into the video board and getting a do-over. He said there is no rule for putting time back on the clock in that situation.

farg the Cowboys, farg Jerry, and farg his screen.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagaholic

that would be very cool, and placing O/U on how many times in a row he can nail it

Tomahawk

Dallas should be forced to play every home game somewhere else until the screen situation is resolved.

Sgt PSN

as much as it pains me to say it, this isn't all jerrah's fault.  he consulted the league prior to installing it and the league office told him it needed to be 85 ft above the field and he raised it an additional 5 ft above that.  so in that regard, he went above and beyond the minimum requirement and the league should probably pick up the tab, or at least half of it, and get the thing raised high enough so that it's out of the way.

however, it was pretty dumb on his part to wait until the opening kick off before taking his team out there.  they should have had a few practices out there the week leading up to the first game.  or at least sent his punter over there with a few dozen balls to make sure it wouldn't be an issue.