Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

you can just say it was me

Rome

I didn't think you wanted anyone to know about our special friendship.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on September 01, 2011, 06:47:16 PM
One of my Facebook "friends" posted this...

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=vegetarian_test

Pretty goddamn funny.

This is from his review of Quantum of Solace:
Quote...Emphasis on you and not me because I imagined a scene where the bullet not only kills people, but is sentient and kills every single person in the stadium, starting with grandmas and horses, then when the last person is killed, the bullet turns into a hot alien babe who then proceeds to make love to my junk, orally. Except my wiener is really a shotgun, and I blow her head off. Too bad, hottie!

SD

You guys aren't familiar with Maddox? There used to be an entire thread dedicated to him

http://www.concretefield.info/forum/index.php?topic=14929.0

hbionic

I had a dream where I wanted to start a facebook account....but the mafia was after me and I thought, "If I start a facebook page, they'll go after my friends and stuff, so better to remain anonymous". I also woke up right before I was about to have sex with the asian girl that was helping me with the giant robots underwater.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

I sense jealousy. Not because of said asian girl, but because of underwater robots.

Zanshin

You know what makes the least sense in that dream? The idea that you were about to have sex with a girl.

hbionic

I think that explains why I wake up at that moment. When the dream starts to become unrealistic, my brains shuts down the sleeps and wakes me up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

I'm not a whiner about the new Facebook change-- but I'm not a fan of that box up there. I have too many "work" acquaintances who I don't need seeing when I post something obnoxious on an actual friend's status. 

Sgt PSN

This was actually a story on the 11pm news in LA last night.  It was the main teaser they used during commercial breaks during the prime time shows.  Really?  That's news?  Meanwhile, Troy Davis and Lawrence Brewer got about 8 seconds of combined covereage.  Nice. 

BigEd76

More changes coming...

timeline

The new profile page looks pretty cool, and there's a timeline bar on the right so you don't have to keep clicking "Older Posts" to find something from a while ago.  They're also going to add "Listen" and "Watch" features to let you know when somebody's listening to music or watching Netflix or Hulu or whatever, and may allow you to jump in on it (pending privacy law revision)...

Rome

The ugly side of Facebook:  Someone you barely know posts photo after photo of and dedication after dedication to their dead child.

I know it's incredibly awful to lose a child.  I get it.  But how uncomfortable do you want to make your "friends" by posting that stuff?

Jeezus.

Diomedes

the goal is to make everyone else just as miserable as the grieving person is, of course
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger