Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy [CTE]

Started by Diomedes, May 02, 2011, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I'm just glad you're finally coming to terms with it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

hbionic

NFL is like the Army, Marine Corps, and Navy. Aside from those joining ranks to fight for our country, those looking for a better chance at life will always enlist, knowing they put themselves in harm's way. Same thing with the NFL, there will always be a poor black or white kid out there looking for a way out of poverty. Even if it means he risks his future health, for millions of dollars now.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

agreed except almost any kid can join the military...where as you can chose not to play football and never have to think back and say damn I would have made it cause virtually no one goes on to make millions of dollars....or could choose to play a sport that doesn't rot your brain and have the same minuscule chance of making the pros

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

http://www.thenation.com/article/kevin-turner-dies-from-als-nfl-does-not-give-a-damn/

QuoteHe did help, not that the NFL wants you to know about his work. When Kevin Turner passed, there was no statement from the league. There was not even an original article on its website, NFL.com. Instead, it just posted a reprinted report from the Associated Press. Instead, we had to hear Jerry Jones, Bruce Arians, and, through his silence, Roger Goodell effectively scoff at Kevin Turner's work and the last years of his life. Perhaps Goodell is being quiet because he is working on his acceptance speech for an honor he is being given by the Jacksonville Sports Medicine Program called the Leadership in Sports Health, Safety & Research Award. This is not a joke. To see Roger Goodell so honored concurrent with Kevin Turner's death is to bear witness to the sports version of seeing Henry Kissinger win the Nobel Peace Prize.

PhillyPhreak54

That's a pretty solid rip job...and true

Diomedes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD4PRAkKfHy/

A.J. Tarpley (Bills LB) retires after one year, citing concussions.

Unfortunate use of the word 'gracious' in there, made me wince for the guy.   A Stanford grad ought to know better, even a football player.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

That was just the concussions talking.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

So, repeatedly banging your head with concussive force ISN'T good for you in the long run? Mind. Blown.

PhillyPhreak54