What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Philly boasts an excellent Metallica cover band--all chicks--called Misstallica.

They're good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0wTd72CU8&feature=related
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

pretty sure sd has my back on this

easily the song of the summer....

http://www.youtube.com/v/6kLq3WMV1nU
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Diomedes

Trying out Spotify.

All day long I've had Pigpen's version of Katie Mae on my mind and so I called it up and now I've got the whole album playing.

Much like Metallica was garbage after Cliff died, I don't listen to much post-Pigpen Dead.

This is a great album.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Listening to R.E.M. at the moment.  They broke up today for good.

They were a large part of the soundtrack of my college years and beyond.  They haven't really been relevant since Bill Berry popped a cork in his brain and quit, but still, great band and I'll miss them.

Sgt PSN

Everybody Hurts thanks to this break up.  I wish someone would take a Stand and get them back together, otherwise It's The End Of The World As We Know It.  The Aftermath leaves me a Hollow Man inside.

Munson

What a terrible break up. A divorce even. I'd hate to ever get a divorce. I'd feel like I was Losing My Religion. I could just go to the bar and drink an Orange Crush to drown my sorrows. Then again, if some bitch made me hate her so much, and I had to choose between taking her back and the rain...I'll Take The Rain.

I'm too drunk to be any good at this right now. #forcingit
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

You're not twitter!

I don't even use twitter other then to stalk some of my favorite band's members and Wost Manneans.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Fun stuff with lots of bourbon late at night, all the better after a Saints loss.

Diomedes

I've been listening to Fugazi's last album "The Argument" quite a lot recently.  It's a masterpiece.

phattymatty

my new walking around soundtrack is this group called tumi and the volume. it's like african/hip hop/jazz/funk. it's like an even more laid back version of galactic or ozomatli. really good stuff.

Diomedes

Black Flag - Who's Got the 10 1/2?

Answer:  Kira!

ice grillin you

sam cookes 'night beat' album is a masterpiece
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Been checking out this Canadian band Metric lately. Quality.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.