2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

What has happened to the draft is probably my most hated of all the Goodell innovations. It used to be a massive party, now I really don't give a farg anymore and would just as well see the list of names unceremoniously posted on nfl.com. It was a direct assault on hardcore NFL fans in order to cash in on Thursday night ratings.

I feel like the draft now is just an excuse to generate months of meaningless, speculative media content, whereas it used to be an excuse for beer and red meat.

MDS

the commercialization of middle class white men is a real downfall on this great country
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Once I got the damn nfl.com draft page to load, not only did it have an autoplaying stream of draft coverage, but it had a little ad popup video at the bottom playing the exact same thing.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: smeags on April 27, 2018, 10:54:59 AM
rome - you're really starting to sound like the old guy on the street that screams at kids for walking on his lawn.

I've sounded like this since I was about 13. 

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2018, 11:10:18 AM
Quote from: smeags on April 27, 2018, 10:54:59 AM
rome - you're really starting to sound like the old guy on the street that screams at kids for walking on his lawn.

id say its the opposite

dook wants to have a black out fest for the draft

1 million percent True. 

My birthday always falls on the draft weekend. 

smeags

sounds like some major white people issues there,romey.

I hope you get through it ok.  ;)

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

derrius guice is just waiting for the birds

connor williams still there as well

either would be a great pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

About time they draft a unicyclist.

Don Ho

HA!  they farged Dallas!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Akers went full HAM on Dallas. 

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on April 27, 2018, 08:22:50 PM
About time they draft a unicyclist.

Let the good times roll.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

The Eagles just used their first pick to troll Dallas...

MDS

are him and wentz gonna beef
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Would have had no problem birds drafting Connor Williams. 

phattymatty

Wonder if it's a coincidence that Witten retires and eagles trade up 3 spots to jump Dallas and take a TE.