The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

while not their worst acquisition antonio dixon encapsulates all the bad things about the eagles over the last 6-7 years....the classic undrafted free agent who they try to make into an nfl starter to show their PP genius...im so effin tired of people like antonio dixon...dooks been cut three times by three different teams in the last four years...

it would be classic for them to bypass a la lay and go with an antonio dixon so im not saying it wont happen but jesus if you are going to a 3-4 and theres a potentially dominant NT that you can plug right in and go to war with then do just do it...farg antonio dixon and the like
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I love overreactions.

While I'm not enthused about the Davis hiring how about letting it play out? Rip his previous defenses but the biggest first step is he's not a goddamn offensive line coach masquerading as a defensive coordinator.

Yes they don't have the personnel to run a 3-4 but they have this offseason and next to re-tool the D. Because according to the genius football minds floating around here they're not winning shtein this year anyways right? Let them build the roster.

Everyone wanted Andy Reid gone. He gone. Yank your maxipads off and see how this all pans out.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 08:45:20 PMRip his previous defenses but the biggest first step is he's not a goddamn offensive line coach masquerading as a defensive coordinator.

Maybe he should give offensive line coaching a try? His track record with defense doesn't seem to be very good.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 08:45:20 PM
but the biggest first step is he's not a goddamn offensive line coach masquerading as a defensive coordinator.

is this really whats its come to?...calling it a big step that the DC is actually a defensive coach....they get credit for this!....WOW

Let them build the roster.

who is going to do this exactly....their plethora of NFL quality PP guys

PhillyPhreak54

We should start a petition to have fans coach the defense. A different one each week.

igy's up first
mds next
sd third ("cox I want you to go tackle that windmill there")

Ill take week four.

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 08:52:32 PM

Don Coxote?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I can't overstate how boring and predictable this forum has become.

Time for a break.

ice grillin you

i think they should get zesty retreads from cleveland (because thats where everyone goes for great coaches) to try and one up their former team president

hbionic

I'll take week 5.

I'll have the defense double-penetrate the B gap, and the rest of the guys can play man-on-man. We'll blitz their asses if we have to. I'll have the backer's coming all day.

:=)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

James Harrison may be cut by PIT.

OLB and nasty.

igy - let it play out. I ain't no Howie fan but my curiosity for the post-Andy era has me waiting to see how it goes down.

SD

I love overreactions.

If there's one trend that's been pretty steady over the past few seasons it's that Eagles fans are right more than they are wrong. We knew Teo was a bad pick, the 2011 draft was an abomination, Juan Castillo as the DC was an awful choice etc.

Hell...nobody wanted Donatell and I was openly lobbying for him. At least Donatell had some success at the NFL level. Ray Horton took over the Cards D with essentially the same personel Davis had and the difference was night and day.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on February 07, 2013, 08:48:23 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 08:45:20 PMRip his previous defenses but the biggest first step is he's not a goddamn offensive line coach masquerading as a defensive coordinator.

Maybe he should give offensive line coaching a try? His track record with defense doesn't seem to be very good.

General Failure wins.  Flawless victory. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2013, 08:57:27 PM
i think they should get zesty retreads from cleveland (because thats where everyone goes for great coaches) to try and one up their former team president

It worked for the Pats so it's going to work for Lurie, too god damnit!   

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 08:52:32 PM
We should start a petition to have fans coach the defense. A different one each week.

igy's up first
mds next

Ill take week four.

i coach offense rookie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 07, 2013, 09:08:46 PM
igy - let it play out. I ain't no Howie fan but my curiosity for the post-Andy era has me waiting to see how it goes down.

we have no choice but to let it play out...but letting it play out is different than giving them credit because their DC is not an OL coach

i hope to god im wrong and this all pans out wonderfully...ill be the first one here to say i was off...but nothing they have done this far gives me any hope for the future or leads me to believe they are going to have big time success under this PP or coaching regime...and theres nothing wrong with thinking that...you dont always have to give them the benefit of the doubt

like sd said they are wrong a lot more than they are right and its been that way for quite a while now