The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Oh, while I don't KNOW that this coaching staff sucks; I do know that the FO has been looking like clowns during the entire process and haven't made one decision that logic would dictate. I hate that. Can't be all that attractive for quality free agents with options, particularly on D.

SD

Let's forget for a moment that Davis is an awful coach. They're going to run a 3-4.

They have one player who fits into that scheme, and that's Kendricks.

Cox/Cole/Graham [unless they convert him to OLB which I don't see happening]/Ryans don't fit into a 3-4 scheme. They're undersized and in Ryans case lets not forget that the primary reason - according to the Texans - they got rid of Ryans in the first place was because he didn't fit in the 3-4. And the secondary is a disaster regardless of what scheme they run so I'll leave that alone for now.

I kid you not this D will give last years Saints a run for their money as far as worst D goes. Not even Jarvis Jones could save this disaster.

General_Failure

So what you're saying is we're going to see the offense way more often.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Cole and Graham were hybrid DE/LBs in college, and Cox can play DE in a 3-4.  Do I think Cole or Graham could play OLB at this level?  Dunno.  If Star falls to #4, he's good enough to play either NT or DE, use another draft pick for the remaining spot on the DL, and that leaves you with the second ILB spot to fill...

General_Failure

Are we still going with the idea that Cole's a good player?

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 07, 2013, 06:09:49 PM
Cole and Graham were hybrid DE/LBs in college, and Cox can play DE in a 3-4.  Do I think Cole or Graham could play OLB at this level?  Dunno.  If Star falls to #4, he's good enough to play either NT or DE, use another draft pick for the remaining spot on the DL, and that leaves you with the second ILB spot to fill...

Look at Ed making sense and shtein.

SD

That has awful written all over it

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

They need 8 out of 11 new starters and you guys are shteinting your drawers over who's going to coach them.

General_Failure

Whoever he is, his ass better be fired by week six.

reese125

trent cole rushing the qb standing up at 270lbs and at 31 yrs old is...how do i say this....horrendous.

hes going to have to be a situational player when they are not in the traditional 3-4, released (6.4 mill cap hit) or be traded--which due to his down year and age wont be much in return

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on February 07, 2013, 05:43:51 PM
Let's forget for a moment that Davis is an awful coach. They're going to run a 3-4.

They have one player who fits into that scheme, and that's Kendricks.

Cox/Cole/Graham [unless they convert him to OLB which I don't see happening]/Ryans don't fit into a 3-4 scheme. They're undersized and in Ryans case lets not forget that the primary reason - according to the Texans - they got rid of Ryans in the first place was because he didn't fit in the 3-4. And the secondary is a disaster regardless of what scheme they run so I'll leave that alone for now.

I kid you not this D will give last years Saints a run for their money as far as worst D goes. Not even Jarvis Jones could save this disaster.

fletcher cox is a prototypical 3-4 DE....vinny curry could also play DE (he just isnt any good)...but yeah graham and killa would be a calamity at OLB
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

Quote from: SD on February 07, 2013, 06:54:26 PM

That has awful written all over it
News flash: the defense was farging terrible this year. Kendricks is good for ILB, Cox is a good fit for DE. Last I checked, those were basically the only dudes worth a damn on the defense anyways.

"Oh farg, zesty ass Trent Cole isn't a good fit for a new position. Oh shtein, over-the-hill 4-3 DT Cullen Jenkins can't play NT. THEY DONT HAVE THE PERSONNEL FOR THIS CHANGE!!"

ice grillin you

one thing that is blatantly missing from their roster for the 3-4 is a NT....wouldnt surprise at all if they took la lay at 4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2013, 07:42:09 PM
one thing that is blatantly missing from their roster for the 3-4 is a NT....wouldnt surprise at all if they took la lay at 4

Don't sleep on Antonio Dixon. When they asked the dude to eat space he did a good job. He got dumped because he couldn't rush the passer and completely ignore the run like Washburn wanted. There is a lot of book out there for how teams transition to the 3-4, again, check the skins the last few years. The first year is 100% transition and you'll have fill ins and shtein, but it starts to bear fruit in year two. And lol at not having the personnel to run a 3-4 when they don't have the personnel to run the 4-3. The entire defense save two guys are entirely replaceable.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.