The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on January 11, 2013, 09:43:17 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 11, 2013, 09:41:06 PM
What in the hell are Britt Reid's qualifications?  Other than he's the surviving farg up son?  Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to put the coaches adult farg up son on payroll?   What are these people thinking?

I wonder what Sunny's thoughts are on the subject

Blame the NFLPA?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Nepotism is in full force in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan
Blake Williams
Jay Gruden
Brian Schottenheimer
Jim Fassel's kid

To name a few

Sgt PSN

How is Gruden, Schotty Jr or little Fassel nepotism?  Don't even know who Williams is related to.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

Quote from: Diomedes on January 11, 2013, 09:41:06 PM
What in the hell are Britt Reid's qualifications?  Other than he's the surviving farg up son?  Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to put the coaches adult farg up son on payroll?   What are these people thinking?

no way britt thinks quality control is football related. 100 bucks he shows up first day with a surgical mask and gloves on

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 12, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
How is Gruden, Schotty Jr or little Fassel nepotism?  Don't even know who Williams is related to.

Gruden given a job on 2002 Bucs staff...Jon head coach
Schotty Jr = "He was an assistant under his father, Marty Schottenheimer, in three of those coaching positions: Kansas City Chiefs, Washington taterskins and San Diego Chargers."
Blake is indeed Greggggg's kid.

Rob Ryan given his NFL shot in 1994 by Buddy
Rex Ryan given his NFL shtein in 1994 by Buddy

Mike Shula hired by Don in Miami (even though he had experience prior)

Wade Phillips....hired by Bum as LB coach in the 70s

It runs rampant

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteIt sounds like decision time for Brian Kelly.. Source says Eagles Jeffrey Lurie's plane is in Chi.. ND early enrollees start class Monday

From a CSN Chicago reporter...

I couldn't possibly write motherfarger as many times as I want

Munson

Since I pay like zero attention to college ball most of the time...what is everyone's problem with him? Just the fact that he'd be kind of a slimeball after doing what he did to Cinc. and now to ND?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Slimeball aura that he emits + Lizzy Seeburg case + Declan Sullivan death...

General_Failure

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2013, 01:10:55 AM
Gruden given a job on 2002 Bucs staff...Jon head coach

Their father was also a scout for the 49ers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2013, 01:13:30 AM
QuoteIt sounds like decision time for Brian Kelly.. Source says Eagles Jeffrey Lurie's plane is in Chi.. ND early enrollees start class Monday

Allow me,

motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfargermotherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfargermotherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger  motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfargermotherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger motherfarger MOTHER fargER!!!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 11, 2013, 10:19:32 PM
Nepotism is in full force in the NFL.

Kyle Shanahan
Blake Williams
Jay Gruden
Brian Schottenheimer
Jim Fassel's kid

To name a few

Sure, sure.  But the scenario with Britt is different.  He's a felon and a drug addict.  In my world, when your kid is an adult farg up, you don't hire him.  You tell him to get his shtein together and maybe, if he's actually getting his shtein together, you put in a good word for him with a pal who has a roofing company or something like that.  The point is, the farg up has to earn his own goddamn way back into society, he doesn't get handed a job by daddy.  How farged up is that if you're an employee and the boss brings his loser son onto payroll?  Yeah.  Not a fun work dynamic.

In this case, Andy never bothered to raise the kid himself--working 100 hours a week, cops find his house full of drugs and weapon is plain sight, etc.--so I can kind of understand his thinking:  he feels guilty and he thinks he's helping the guy by handing him an job on a silver platter.  Fair enough, parents think stupid shtein like that all the time.

What I really don't get is...how does this plan sound like a good idea to Andy's boss?  What the farg was Lurie thinking?  What are the Chiefs thinking? 

I would never ever allow this to happen in an organization I control/am responsible for, and if someone came to me with such a bad idea I'd have to question his judgement.

These people are idiots.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Eagles coach search appears to mercifully be coming to an end AND Jay is on the verge of popping his cork to a degree never before seen on the interwebz.

I'm actually a little giddy about this.

GET KELLY!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on January 12, 2013, 06:55:28 AM

Eagles coach search appears to mercifully be coming to an end AND Jay is on the verge of popping his cork to a degree never before seen on the interwebz.

I'm actually a little giddy about this.

GET KELLY!

I agree. I am now rooting for this to happen just for the pure entertainment value.

It's an added bonus that it would set Notre Dame football back big-time. I don't really HATE the Irish, but the whole "we're too good to pick a conference" and "we're so good we have our own TV contract" stuff is tiring. Would love to see them in the SEC for a while to get some true comeuppance.