The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont even know what to say about any of these guys because i have no clue...but id rather have a guy who has had a decent amount of nfl exp.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 09:45:27 PM
im not a huge chip guy but i would jerk off to them beating banner for him

Same

I'm a bit intrigued to see if his offense can work at this level...the same way [I'm sure] Skins fans were when Spurrier was hired. Of course, I'd rather see if it can work with another team while 'we' go a different route.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 10:07:20 PM
Not many I'd guess, Havas.

BTW - browns talking to Marrone's agent again and they apparently met Marrone while Eagles were meeting with Chip. Browns really like Marrone and its neck and neck with him and Chip.

Why...or better yet how is Marrone a hot coaching commodity?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 05, 2013, 10:23:34 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 09:45:27 PM
im not a huge chip guy but i would jerk off to them beating banner for him

Same

I'm a bit intrigued to see if his offense can work at this level...the same way [I'm sure] Skins fans were when Spurrier was hired. Of course, I'd rather see if it can work with another team while 'we' go a different route.

intrigued is the right word....thats better than some vanilla cat coming in i guess...what else do we have to look forward to...at least ck is a northeast cat at heart

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on January 05, 2013, 10:26:33 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 10:07:20 PM
Not many I'd guess, Havas.

BTW - browns talking to Marrone's agent again and they apparently met Marrone while Eagles were meeting with Chip. Browns really like Marrone and its neck and neck with him and Chip.

Why...or better yet how is Marrone a hot coaching commodity?

No clue. Syracuse was pretty awful when he took over so he's had some success there. He has NFL experience with NO so maybe people speak highly of him.

Eagaholic

Lawlor's breakdown on him
QuoteDoug Marrone is a coach that has grown on me the more that I've studied him. That's always a great sign. I watched Syracuse in their bowl game recently and thought he did a very good job there. Marrone gets a check in basically every box: small college coaching experience, major college coaching experience. NFL assistant, NFL coordinator, head coach in college, can lead a team, can build a program, experience with a great NFL QB, developed a college QB, and so on. He literally has done it all.

The downside to Marrone is that you don't know if there is anything great about him. While he was the OC with the Saints he was under Sean Payton and coaching Drew Brees. It is hard to know how much of the success goes to Marrone. He's rebuilt Syracuse from rock bottom, but his record there is 25-25. He's got the program on solid footing, but let's not make it sound like they're BCS material anytime soon.

Marrone knows offense. He's a former O-lineman. He values the line of scrimmage and the run game. He would love a chance to coach LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown.

As for building a staff, he's got a couple of former NFL guys working for him at Syracuse. Seems like he knows how to put together a good coaching staff already.

ice grillin you

never heard of marrone till this offseason but he has the backing of some big time power players

belichek....parcells....payton

he did for syracuse what bob did for penn state....penn states troubles had the media attention but syracuse was actually worse off....it was bottom of the barrell

General_Failure

Okay, I'm on board the Marrone train.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 10:42:49 PM
he did for syracuse what bob did for penn state....penn states troubles had the media attention but syracuse was actually worse off....it was bottom of the barrell
Yeah, SU was far worse. They were arguably the worst program in the nation when he took over. Marrone rebuilt them in a way that you could compare to starting over with an NFL team. He brought a hell of a coaching staff with him, some guys from the NFL and others from top D1 programs. They only had a handful of good players on the entire roster. They to develop all of their recruits, because a shtein program in upstate NY sure as hell isn't getting anybody elite. He turned Ryan Nassib (from Malvern, ayo) into a legitimate NFL prospect when he was a scrub recruit.

So he has the rebuilding project behind him, along with the success he had at New Orleans. Obviously it's tough to determine how crucial he was to their great offense because of Brees and Payton still lighting it up. Kind of like people considering Ron Rivera a great defensive coach when he was available, but did it when he was under Lovie Smith the whole time. It's hard to determine, but I'd believe in him.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

regardless of the end result can anyone deny that this is big time and so interesting to follow....easily as good as the draft...

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2013, 11:39:59 PM
regardless of the end result can anyone deny that this is big time and so interesting to follow....easily as good as the draft...

Thinking the same thing earlier today. Gives us something to get excited about and follow which makes it a little easier to digest another postseason without the Birds.

Benn checking my phone all say looking for updates and rumors on this stuff.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

yup...andy being gone is more than being free of bad clock managment and 3rd and 1 fade patterns...its a freedom none of us have felt in a long time

BigEd76

Caplan says the meeting finally ended